It's been a rough year (sarcasm drenched)

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Loin Lover, Aug 4, 2020.

1. LAPlayer

LAPlayer Squier-Meister

Jul 9, 2020
    LA / Denver
    In some ways it has seemed like a long year. But when August arrived it seemed like it was just March. It remains a year that we won't soon forget - and it's only half over.

mb doug, JurnyWannaBe and Amelia like this.
  2. sconniesquier

sconniesquier Squier-Meister

Aug 16, 2017
    Wisconsin
    Personally, I can’t wait till hunting season, so I can disappear into the woods. That’s one thing that should not change.

Forum Guest, duzie and mb doug like this.
  3. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-holic

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    I have been working my butt off both at work and at home. We have made record numbers in sales and literally have only 10 boats left to sell at our location. Today Im going to set the camper up and do maintenance check and test everything. Might have to crank up the AC in it cause its suppose to be close to 100 by this afternoon. Im more than ready for a vacation!

sconniesquier likes this.
  4. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    I kinda live in the woods, thankfully. Have you seen the "tuning up for bow season" thread. Several members have contributed the past couple years.

Man oh man I wish I still had my little jon boat! We think guitar prices have gotten silly? BOAT = Bust Out Another Thousand. :)

sconniesquier likes this.
  5. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    We, ourselves, don't hunt. (Friends do on our property) But the spirit behind this is one we very much share: Enjoying the outdoors and shared interests. -Ones that depend on really no one but we ourselves. No 'buying' and 'selling.' Interactions with others relatively few, but those there are being of deeper meaning. Real friends sharing real interests.

Property in places like ours is seeing prices explode (So glad we bought in when we did! We could never get such a place again the ways things have gone and are further going. ) -- this as city living loses both its luster and its necessity as the work out-of-the-home model gets to be seen as not just acceptable, but in may ways preferable for all concerned.

I daily "hunt" with my camera. We walk miles each day. Both mask and worry free.

"You never know what your life will be tomorrow." So we were told years ago. So, so true!

(Did anyone really expect what we are experiencing these days?)

An oh, am I glad I play guitar! Always here. Always on the ready. Spirit raising. Mind focusing. I for one can think of nothing better. :)

-don

"Shot" just a short walk from the house... :)

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 10.39.40 AM.png

6. sconniesquier

sconniesquier Squier-Meister

Aug 16, 2017
    Wisconsin
    That is damn funny Sir!

Loin Lover likes this.
  7. Block Head Ike

Block Head Ike Squier-holic

Kinda went from this...

[​IMG]

to this....