Is that bridge compatible with my CV Jaguar?

Discussion in 'Squier Offset Guitars' started by brebis, Jun 29, 2020 at 6:59 AM.

1. brebis

brebis Squier Talker

Oct 28, 2011
    Paris
  2. Jmv668

Jmv668 Squier-Nut

Feb 21, 2017
    Chile
    What wrong with the stock one Jaguar bridge?

3. brebis

brebis Squier Talker

Oct 28, 2011
    Paris
    On the stock Bridge I cannot turn the grub screws, they seem to be locked. If I want to turn them the whole grub screw + post turn.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 5:04 AM
  4. brebis

brebis Squier Talker

Oct 28, 2011
    Paris
    Anybody can tell me where I can find a replacement Mustang bridge for my CV Jaguar? Where do you buy Squier parts?

5. offsetj

offsetj Squier-Meister

Jun 5, 2019
    Indianapolis, IN
    If the grub screws are seized, you could try to soak the bridge in vinegar, or a little PB blaster to free them up.

Sonarman and brebis like this.
  6. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Squier-holic

Oct 5, 2014
    Gilbert, AZ
    That bridge will fit but I’m not sure what radius it is. It’s not a American Pro bridge so it’s probably 7.25” radius, and that’s consistent with the way the saddle diameter changes from one to the next.

I think there are 9.5” radius Mustang import bridges out there on EBay, but I don’t have links handy. Was your guitar bought new? I’d have the shop make that right for you.

brebis likes this.
  7. kjmac

kjmac Squier-holic

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    I ordered an "import" Mustang bridge from a guy on Reverb and it works great on my CV Jag. I can't remember which dealer it was, but if you search import Mustang bridge, it should help you find what you are looking for.

BorderRadio and brebis like this.