Images!

Naked Strat Brat

Squier-Meister
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 27, 2022
North, Snow, UFO Ville!
I ran across this and see a door deeper in the doorway on this photo on Mars. Now the official expert claims that it really is no door but done by natural forces...uh...well...I would like all of you that know more than I do about photography...do you see what I see or is that something done by mother nature..on Mars? When I look deeper it sure looks like a door in a doorway to me, but how would I know?

Attachments

• mars door.jpg
    mars door.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 7

duceditor

Squier-Axpert
May 29, 2014
The Monadnocks, NH USA
Now the official expert claims that it really is no door but done by natural forces...uh...well...I would like all of you that know more than I do about photography...do you see what I see or is that something done by mother nature..on Mars? When I look deeper it sure looks like a door in a doorway to me, but how would I know?

I see a combination of something natural with artifacts created by the pixelization of an image.

The way many images are compressed for storage and ease of transmission is that similar pixel groups are seen and stored just once instead of each individually. Their recreation is often seen as lines where there should be none.

Notice the horizontal line seen in the foreground rock and the up-sloping parallel lines in the sand.

Note, too, how the "door" line subtly reappears on the stone below the "doorway" in the image.

Paul Simon wrote "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest" ("The Boxer")

We all do that with what we see as well.

I wanna doorway! I wanna doorway!

:D

-don

Naked Strat Brat

Squier-Meister
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 27, 2022
North, Snow, UFO Ville!
I see a combination of something natural with artifacts created by the pixelization of an image.

The way many images are compressed for storage and ease of transmission is that similar pixel groups are seen and stored just once instead of each individually. Their recreation is often seen as lines where there should be none.

Notice the horizontal line seen in the foreground rock and the up-sloping parallel lines in the sand.

Note, too, how the "door" line subtly reappears on the stone below the "doorway" in the image.

Paul Simon wrote "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest" ("The Boxer")

We all do that with what we see as well.

I wanna doorway! I wanna doorway!

:D

-don
Well now this is why I posted that picture here. I figured someone here would be able to express an opinion or two!

As the great Walbinoski once said, "I'll have pancakes please" LOL!

It looks so majestic and serene. What were the scary bits ?
I rolled my kayak in very cold water and I honestly thought I was going to meet my maker but luckily some boaters were close enough to hear me and threw me a line. I lost a lot of fishing equipment but that can be replaced. It's shocking how much a body stiffens up when hyperthermia is close by.