I'm wondering who rocks the same amps as me

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by RegularJim, Aug 20, 2021.

Do you own any of the following amps?

1. Vox AC4TV

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  2. Bugera V5

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. Vov AC4C1

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Vox AC10C1

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. Supro Blues King 12

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  6. Peavey Bandit 112

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  7. Fender Mustang IV

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  8. Fender Champion 40

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Line 6 Spider III 15

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  10. None of the Above

46 vote(s)
    63.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sarahsmom

Sarahsmom Squier Talker

Jan 12, 2020
    Las Vegas, NV
    Fender Champion 50 XL
    Positive Grid Spark 40watt

They have great sounds in them. However I would love to have a small tube amp, such as a Supro, Bugera, or a Blues Junior. Funny thing is I never have actually played thru a tube amp, but have always hears how much the sound than solid state.

2. The Butcher

The Butcher Squier Talker

Jan 6, 2021
    AUS
    I kept a silver stripe bandit but it rarely gets a play. I like your amp selection in general and despite the hate out there, the amp I am playing most these days is an old spider II combo.

3. Wronghanded

Wronghanded Squier Talker

Feb 6, 2021
    Mackinaw, IL
    I have a Vox tone lab ex, which emulates of most of these amps, I also mesa boogie bass amps. Fender champ with 6v6 tube, which according to Bill Lawrence a pup maker if still alive is the best tube style. I talked to him one day when I called his business.

4. brians

brians Squier-holic

Oct 1, 2017
    South Africa
    Me too, I also have a spider iv , hooked it up to two 10 inch cabs, I love it

dbrian66 likes this.
  5. Supa Necta

Supa Necta Squier-Meister

Apr 28, 2020
    Buffalo
    Off top of my head:

Bassbreaker 15
    Deluxe Reverb RI
    Princeton Reverb RI
    Pro Jr. IV
    Blues Jr. Humbolt
    Peavey Classic 30
    Victoria Victorilux
    Bassbreaker 45
    Marshall DSL 40 C
    Vox Ac15
    Fender Excelsior
    Twin Reverb Tone Master
    GT200
    Marshall Origin 20 Head
    80s Super Champ
    Epiphone Electar
    Roland Blues Cube 60
    Vox MV50 Clean
    Vox ACTV4
    Marshall Custom 2558
    Mesa Boogie Mark V
    Carvin AG
    Peavey Bandit
    Mustang Micro
    Assorted Cabs

Whoo lawdy that’s a bunch of amps.

6. Nortally

Nortally Squier Talker

Mar 7, 2018
    Berkeley, CA
    I am the budget king here, LOL

Fender Sidekick Reverb - $45, had to repair the busted input jacks. Solid state but awesome & versatile.

Fender Vibro Champ - $0, found in the stairwell at a friends house with a blown speaker and a missing Jewel (although the light bulb was there). She gave it to me. I put an aftermarket jewel on the light, popped in a 4 Ohm Celestion Eight 15, recapped it.

Silkyn - $250 + $215 on a new transformer, 50-watt 1x12 with 2 5881's. Check out the thread about these amps on MyLesPaul.com. Once upon a time I owned a Fender Super Reverb, and the clean channel on this amp is comparable.

Monoprice 611815 - $100, seller had upgraded the reverb already.

Peavey ValveKing II Micro Head 20 - $215. Love this guy, currently in the shop though.

Peavey Classic 100 - $0, My son-in-law gave this to me. Not working right & I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Fender Sidekick 25 - $85, because it was there. Single channel version of my other Sidekick but with a 10" speaker.

I was going to buy a Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket for $450 three years ago, but after driving for an hour in rush hour traffic the seller told me his son wanted to keep it. ****er.

I keep shopping for a Mesa Boogie Mark Five 35 combo, but I can't justify it.

7. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I voted Bandit 1X12, but I actually don't have it anymore... The only piece of gear I ever sold... And I instantly regretted it, lol... I had an '86 "no stripe" and you couldn't beat it for a good, clean sound...