I ordered new guitar

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Finnish Swede, Sep 21, 2020.

1. MrYeats

MrYeats Dr. Squier

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    Very nice choice. Great color.

dbrian66 and mb doug like this.
  2. MrYeats

MrYeats Dr. Squier

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    It is nice to dream, isn't it.

dbrian66, mb doug and Shaytan like this.
  3. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-holic

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    I don't even need to press play to see that you're enjoying that guitar in the thumbnail!

Beautiful guitar, I hope you enjoy it!

He said that he would be still working doing videos with Lee, so I wouldn't be so happy haha I must admit that I prefer to watch Rabea rather than him, but people hate the guy too much. Pete is in another level, though.

Shaytan and mb doug like this.
  4. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I like Pete, Lee, and Rabea. Robb plays every guitar with maximum distortion on the bridge pickup, so they all sound the same, and makes for very uninformative videos of the sounds available.

mb doug likes this.
  5. Finnish Swede

Finnish Swede Squier-Meister

Apr 7, 2018
    Finland
    I was worried about this :(.

I got message from gear4music that there will be delay in my delivery. I was worried about this as Thomann expressed much longer deliver times (and both did not have that color in their stock).

mb doug likes this.
  6. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago now Sarasota
    It is worth the wait. You deserve it.

I’ve had the good fortune of having many instruments going back to the late 70s. But the one that really got me was the Gibson Firebird. It just looked so cool.

Finally Epiphone released one I could afford late last year. I ordered it I. February and just received it about 2 weeks ago. The guitar I have always wanted. Wait it out!

https://www.squier-talk.com/threads/nff-new-firebird-friday.180450/

mb doug and drewcp like this.
  7. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Congrats !

mb doug likes this.
  8. Finnish Swede

Apr 7, 2018
    Finland
    I got the message that estimate delivery would be 18 - 22th of February 2021 :(.
    Pretty long time to wait...

mb doug likes this.
  9. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-Nut

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    What the heck?! From where have you ordered it, Thomann? Contact the customer service and explain that upon ordering, you rightfully assumed the estimated time would be much shorter, given that the item was readily available, it wouldn't have to go through customs and the average waiting times of Thomann (remove any that don't apply).

If you then receive one of those drafted messages telling how much they value you but can't do anything, add some extra pressure by saying if it's not possible to deliver the guitar within a reasonable amount of time, you'd like to cancel your order, that usually gets you taken more serious by the costumer services.

mb doug likes this.
  10. Finnish Swede

Apr 7, 2018
    Finland
    I did not order it from Thomann DE, I ordered it from gear4music UK.

At the time I ordered it, Thomann already estimated 11-13 weeks delivery time in their net pages. As both did not have it in their stock, I was someway worry can that info in British company be correct (Thomann still is the biggest in the business in Europe ... one could expect that they have good relationships with all material suppliers).

Well, I do not know is Thomann's estimate delivery valid either, but now it would be shorter.

But I'm not gonna cancel that order. I just need to learn to live with that.

so1om, Shaytan and mb doug like this.
  11. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Squier-Meister

Mar 9, 2020
    Greybull, WY
    Congrats and that is a great color choice in my opinion.

12. Bomberman

Bomberman Squier Talker

Oh lovely. I have the single cut in Aluetian Blue and they are wonderful things :)

13. Rogerram

Rogerram New Member

Sep 21, 2020
    Florida
    I just ordered a new guitar today, A Squire Esquire. won't be available till Dec they tell me

drewcp likes this.
  14. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Is there a difference between dreaming, and pretending?

15. Finnish Swede

Apr 7, 2018
    Finland
    Oh, one thing came to my mind ... now as the delivery will be next year ... how about Brexit? Will I face extra taxes (custom) as UK will not be anymore part of EU? I really do not want to face/pay +26% taxes because of this delay. By then it would make much more sense to cancel whole order and order another from Thomann DE. Anybody knows about this? In any cases I will try to find information about that.

16. Finnish Swede

Apr 7, 2018
    Finland
    Based on Finland's custom net page ... my worry seemed to be valid. As the 1st January 2021 UK will be seen similar country as any non EU country (like USA, Chine etc.). So I will need to pay taxes from every delivery value more than 22 euros. 26% of purchase price (what comes to guitars). I sent a question to customer service of gear4music. Their delay here will gonna cost me lots of money. And if that is the case, I will try to cancel my deal and order another one from Thomann (DE).

DougMen likes this.
  17. ToneChaser77

ToneChaser77 Squier-Nut

Sep 29, 2019
    Milledgeville, Ga
    I wondered why I hadn't seen him in a while. Now I know why. I liked the vids with Robb. Specifically the shootouts like cheapest Gibson vs mosr expensive Epiphone or Squier Vs Fender. Actually the Captain and Chappers videos are how I know about Andertons in the first place. Don't know about Pete but I feel like I've watched as Lee's guitar playing improved over the years.

18. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    Same colour as my car.

19. Finnish Swede

Apr 7, 2018
    Finland
    gear4music replied that they will ship the guitar for me from their Sweden's storage (if needed to avoid extra taxes).

So all fine :D. Now I just will need to wait....

so1om, -r3- and Las Palmas Norte like this.
  20. That is quite a wait time. I know manufacturers are having trouble getting materials because of the Covid19. I'm not sure if that's the root of this issue, but maybe.
    Will you wait or look elsewhere? Cheers, Barrie.