I just placed my first order through FBM

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Eddie, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Eddie

Eddie Squirt Startocaster Infinity Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I've never ordered anything through Facebook Market before. But I pulled the trigger a few minutes ago.

Black SE for $40 + $15 shipping + $5 tax. Almost $60 through FBM with shipping.

Have you guys ever placed successful orders through FBM before?

2. Eddie

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Ok, I spoke too soon.

The fudger canceled my order.

How can we leave some not-so-good feedback?

3. strat_strummer

strat_strummer John Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
  4. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-holic

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    That was quick.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  5. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Squier-Meister

Aug 18, 2020
    Rhode Island
    FBM CL same deal lotta flakes

Face to face at public place or nope...with both. That said I've had fantastic success with both. The best deals are straight trades with pro or semi pro players always.

I can now pretty much smell bad karma from miles away. I'm also a firm believer in a instrument obtained with bad karma is unplayable and must be eradicated immediately.

:)

6. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I would (probably) never buy something from FBM, from a private seller, to be shipped. Businesses are another story.

7. mitch_cumsteen

mitch_cumsteen Squier-Nut

Jun 25, 2018
    Planet, Idaho
    Did you actually send money?

Eddie likes this.
  8. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    Have never .... yet
    Very tempted more than once. Always leery about who's or what's on the other end.. Haven't read all the fine print yet.

Kenneth Mountain and Eddie like this.
  9. Eddie

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Not sure. He just canceled the order. Why post shipping when they don't want to ship?

It was paid through Facebook Pay. I guess it's like Reverb's system. The order's been canceled, but I'd love to leave some negative feedback.

Montandy and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  10. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    I've been tempted, but shipping is always so low I figure the seller must be dense.That or it's a scam.

Kenneth Mountain and Eddie like this.
  11. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Facebook subsidizes the shipping on a lot of items. Seller isn't always the one choosing the rate.

Kenneth Mountain and Luvs2yoko like this.
  12. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    That explains why shipping seems so low.

drewcp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  13. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Sometimes when I list things it will give me the option to offer shipping at no additional cost. I would still have to be able to pack it up, provide the box, and print the label of course. Others will list their item, like a tube amp, for $111 or silly lower price to get the Facebook shipping partially covered, but then the description will say "the price isn't really $111, message me for the actual price"

Kenneth Mountain and Luvs2yoko like this.
  14. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
    On offer up I see ads that say, can be shipped for $x amount,, I looked it up that means the buyer will pay shipping and the X amount as what the seller charges to take it to the post office and ship it

drewcp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  15. Benlostforyears

Benlostforyears Squier-Meister

Aug 17, 2020
    Western NC
    I had luck all year buying and selling on Craigslist and FBM but I've had a guitar listed for the last month and a half that has been the bane of my existence. Every offer has been a joke, every time I set up a sale or trade they change their mind after agreeing to it, and then two days ago a guy never showed up for the trade he scheduled with me and ghosted. People will do all sorts of lowlife stuff when they can hide behind a screen rather than deal face to face.

Montandy and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  16. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

I'm curious as to what it is ?

drewcp likes this.
  17. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow
    I've not used it myself though one of my guitar buddies buys and sells guitars here in the u.k. through FBM, he has not so far told of any deals going flat..... can I ask why in America you pay tax on used goods sold in a private deal?.

18. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-holic

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    FBM has a pedal 15 minutes away from me that I want but the seller only ships which almost doubles the price of the pedal and the seller wont meet up. I'm not paying double and waiting forever, I'm an instant gratification kind of buyer, waiting on the mailman doesn't ease my g.a.s..

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  19. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychotic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    We pay tax on used clothing on ebay. We have some greedy corrupt people in our gummint.

Kenneth Mountain and 5ofeight like this.
  20. Montandy

Montandy Squier Talker Gold Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2019
    Portland, OR
    I’ve had great luck with FBM, but I’ve never had an item shipped. I’ve bought 7 amps, 6 guitars, 3 guitar cases, a set of pickups from an American Strat, and some tools. You can find some killer deals! I actually just bought a Pro Jr IV from the guitar tech at a Guitar Center. And he delivered it right to my door! Risky, I know, but he turned out to be a cool dude! And if there’s ever a repair I can’t tackle, he said to just give him a call.