I just got another Hannah $40 shipped..

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by MrYeats, Jul 15, 2020.

1. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    This will be very interesting and a lot of fun. This is my 2nd Hanna. It is a Washburn made tele style guitar...The 2 will both get stripped, painted and prepped up right. The first one will have a Fender bridge with a 62 US bridge pickup as will the 2nd one..I will paint them different colors and the first will get a A3 neck pickup and haven't decided on the 2nd one yet. Check out the woodgrain on this 2nd one's neck...Fabulous....Stay tuned.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

2. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    That's a nice looking neck. I never considered one of these, but heck, why not? Super deal.

mb doug and MrYeats like this.
  3. ScoobySnacker

ScoobySnacker Squier-Nut

Dec 4, 2018
    Never-reach, NY
    Someone once told me that when those things were new the tone was nice and clean but as they get older they get a bit raunchy. :confused:

4. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    They come with standard ceramic pickups, which get a bad rap, but I have found
    that with the right pots and cap they can be made to be alright. I just like to play
    around with cheap guitars. What is there to lose, and some turn out to be gems.

5. madmtnmotors

madmtnmotors Squier Talker

Feb 14, 2020
    Sunny Central Florida
    I think that was a jab at Miley... ;)

6. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    She'd like the reference I'm sure .. lol

MrYeats and ScoobySnacker like this.
  7. Block Head Ike

Block Head Ike Squier-holic

I always wondered if these were decent guitars. It seems that they go really cheap most times. Does standard tele bridge fit?

MrYeats likes this.
  8. Block Head Ike

Looks like this one had some nice wood under all the unicorn dump:

[​IMG]

9. guitalias

guitalias Squier Talker

Apr 21, 2020
    Australia
    What scale length are they?

MrYeats and ScoobySnacker like this.
  10. Block Head Ike

After some research, found a project page where a guy has used one of these to do a build for his daughter. According to his post, stock neck is "23 1/4 scale". He was swapping to a mini strat neck:

"I almost decided to stay with the wasburn 23 1/4 scale neck but the mini-strat looks much better, even with the gaps at the heel, granddaughter won't notice. A little bit of a problem using the 22 3/4 mini strat neck with 20 frets as apposed to the washburn with 22 frets. The saddles had to be moved back about 1/2 inch but the beautiful thing about a tele style bridge is the wide range of saddle adjustment."

From a TDPRI 2014 post

guitalias and MrYeats like this.
  11. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I couldn't deal with one, 'cause I play too much high on the neck, and the upper frets are buried too far into the body.

MrYeats likes this.
  12. Block Head Ike

23 1/4 might be interesting! Although billed as a 3/4 size guitar, that scale length seems like it should be quite playable - for comparison:

[​IMG]
    I have been looking for a new housing for my Bell & Howell projector tube amp...this might be just the ticket:

[​IMG]

Viking and MrYeats like this.
  13. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I believe that Fender Musicmaster, Duo Sonic, and Mustang guitars were actually offered in 22.5" and 24" scale lengths after the introduction of the Mustang in '65, and all Jaguars are 24". The 24" Mustangs, Duo Sonics, and Musicmasters far outsold the short scale ones.

MrYeats likes this.
  14. Block Head Ike

Yes, I think your information is spot on. I am sure that 23 1/4 is a "workable" scale, but probably not what most would find ideal.

MrYeats likes this.
  15. Treehouse

Treehouse Squier-Meister

Dec 4, 2019
    The Arboritum
    that is awesome!

MrYeats likes this.