I Found One Of Those Guitars

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by Ahnlaashock, May 13, 2017.

1. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    And I am surprised.
    I bought a CAE00 SE. My other SE has a bad neck and I used the body as a replacement. From this one, the best I expected was a cheap kit to basically rebuild. A platform to mod.
    It has a couple of warts on the body, but otherwise it has seen very little use, and has almost no wear.
    First impression is, I would not have identified the neck as Squier with my eyes closed. It feels thinner and wider, I guess because it is not rolled at all. Very comfortable for me. Second impression was that it was set up very low, so I expected it to buzz and need adjustment. Third impression, those pups are not bad at all, and it isn't buzzing at all. The pickups may not be preference, but they are certainly usable, even straight into the Studio Pro.
    This is a very nice guitar that plays beautifully. I have several much more expensive strats, and this is still a very nice guitar. The pickguard is yellowing, so it looks like it has a dirty brown tint to it.
    I see why some of you hunt them.

I have taken pictures, but Photobucket is goofing up. It won't let me upload them right now.

2. jefffam

jefffam Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2015
    Five Points, AL
    HNGD! I've never had one but everything I've seen and heard/read says they a very nice guitars.

You know for the main forum, you can upload pictures direct. You only need PB for PM/Conversations.

Congratulations .

3. Garyth

Garyth Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2013
    Florida
    CAE are pretty nice. If the picture is on your phone or computer, you can just upload directly. no need to host it except in private conversations.

4. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    I will have to figure out how to do that!
    The neck has a very nice color/grain pattern, and the maple is either darker, or is tinted darker. I thought it might be yellowing like the pickguard, but the end of the sticker is sticking up. It is the same color under the solid sticker near the heel.
    I have been playing it for a day now, and I am pleased. Pictures working. The guard color is in the sun and out. Two of the neck trying to show how nice it looks. Notice just how sharp the edge of the fingerboard is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  5. jjudas

jjudas Squier-Nut

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    Looks like a nice guitar...Congrats!!

6. Las Palmas Norte

Las Palmas Norte Squier-Meister

Very good score! You'll love it no matter how much you mod this. The one I acquired a couple of months ago and is also a CAE00 SE with the same black body and white p/guard. My guard is not as dark as yours for whatever reason. I can see in your photo that the volume knob is very white in comparison to the tone knobs and pick guard ... probably a replacement. A pick up selector tip is missing and are available.
    I think a lot of these where bought for beginners or as a first electric, stuffed away in a closet and forgotten about. They are surfacing now after a long hibernation.

Cheers, Barrie.

7. techowiz

techowiz Squier-Meister

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
  8. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Nice score, in my not so humble opinion those are the good ones. You didn't post a back pic but I assume that has the skunk.

I bought one of those for my stepson about ten or twelve years ago. Just did a full tune up on it last summer for him and added a tortoise guard . First Squier I ever bought..... got lucky.
    [​IMG]

9. Las Palmas Norte

I upgraded to Gotoh locking tuners on mine as part of a total re-build (in progress).

Cheers, Barrie.

DSC03801.JPG

10. Paully

Paully Squier-holic

May 29, 2014
    Maine USA
    Real nice looking Rosewood.

11. Las Palmas Norte

These necks (for the most part) where very good. All mine needed was a truss rod adjustment to set it true again.
    I wouldn't have tinted mine if it where as nice as that.

Cheers, Barrie.

SE neck01.jpg

12. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    I like the dark solid look. To me it looks like Bubinga that way. I love it when one with nice figuring is included on Rosewood.
    The maple has significant figuring, but at the angle it is cut, you have to turn the guitar upside down to see it! The darker, "golden" tint to the maple is somewthing i like a lot.

Yes, it has the "skunk stripe".

I am considering a set of Rose pickups and a black white black pick guard.

13. chrisrip24

chrisrip24 Squier Talker

Oct 3, 2015
    Frederick, MD
    HNGD!!!

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  14. nobucks

nobucks Squier Talker

Mar 9, 2017
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Nice work on the headstock! It looks factory.

Kenneth Mountain and chrisrip24 like this.
  15. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    Like all but the logo.

16. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    Interesting guitar. Just a friendly heads up, but such alterations are not allowed to be discussed or pictured on the board.
    A lot of people do it, but it can't be discussed here.

17. Las Palmas Norte

Is there something that can clearly identify or separate it from a Fender rather than Squier ? Serial number perhaps?
    I doubt (here anyway) you'll get much support from such an endeavor regardless of how good your work is.

Cheers, Barrie.

Kenneth Mountain and Caddy like this.
  18. Las Palmas Norte

Looks like the post was removed as it should have.

19. chrisrip24

chrisrip24 Squier Talker

Oct 3, 2015
    Frederick, MD
    Settle down, I edited it myself!

Cheers!

20. Las Palmas Norte

Exactly what I though happened.
    Cheers, Barrie.