I caved -- another PAS sale casualty!

Naked Strat Brat

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 27, 2022
North, Snow, UFO Ville!
I want that blue Contemporary !!!

1f4defa6cf2a8e1dbbd76cea712739fe6c593ef2_6060f68a62610dc610cac5035c6fef221eb14212_FDR_1_2.jpg
So did I and mine is on the way. 12 radius...drooling for that! LOL! I wonder how hard this is going to be to have a new pickguard? Would like one that is mirror gold...

Blamhead

Squier Talker
Nov 28, 2022
NJ
Before the sale I thought I had gotten a steal on a $250 used Cabronita Tele in "excellent condition". Unfortunately, opened the box and was far from Excellent; huge chips out of the finish, fretboard was filthy, loose jack and to top it off a dead neck pickup. Discovered this site when I searched if GC would pricematch PAS and came across a new thread for this exact guitar talking about how they did just that. An hour later that mess is returned, and I walk out with this beauty for less than I paid used originally.

317601348_5288281314609855_5431482302845432849_n.jpg

Max Power 93

Squier Talker
Nov 9, 2022
New York
Man that cabronita thinline. If I didn’t have an upcoming car repair and dental stuff… a new guitar would be WAAYYYY better.
I actually need 4 tires and have a dentist appointment tomorrow and they still got me. AGAIN! I have been wanting a hardtail strat for awhile so I have the white contemporary model coming at $199.99 how could I pass it up. The pick up selection seems a bit weird but I have enough regular Strats anyway. They already got me during the last blow out sale and I’m sure they’ll get me again. I need to count how many I’ve bought from them in the past few years it’s well past 10. I really have a hard time passing up bargains. The paranormal and contemporary series are really top tier stuff too. I see the cyclones hit $199. I paid $325 last year and thought I stole it. Lol. Guess I should have waited

johnnywizzo

Squier-holic
Feb 4, 2016
I actually need 4 tires and have a dentist appointment tomorrow and they still got me. AGAIN! I have been wanting a hardtail strat for awhile so I have the white contemporary model coming at $199.99 how could I pass it up. The pick up selection seems a bit weird but I have enough regular Strats anyway. They already got me during the last blow out sale and I’m sure they’ll get me again. I need to count how many I’ve bought from them in the past few years it’s well past 10. I really have a hard time passing up bargains. The paranormal and contemporary series are really top tier stuff too. I see the cyclones hit $199. I paid $325 last year and thought I stole it. Lol. Guess I should have waited
How long has PAS been selling these Squiers at discounted prices? The rep on the phone told me for the last year now, but I found that hard to believe because no one seemed to be talking about them on the forums. Perhaps I just didn't notice?

Telechamp

Squier-Meister
Jan 17, 2011
Florida
I caved as well, and ordered one of the Squier CV60's Thinline Teles from PAS. It came in today, and I love everything about it - other than it has one very wobbly machine head (on the G tuner)...

I'm a little disappointed in the wobbly tuner - as I don't see any way to fix this. Any ideas on a possible fix?.. Or just return it for another one?..

I'm still debating on sending it back, but I haven't decided yet.. Deal killer or not? Any thoughts?...

If I keep it, I'll need to lower the action a tad, but otherwise it sounds and plays great.

edit: This one weighs in at 6 lbs 5 oz - apparently a little heavier than most of these models - but not a bad weight at all.

d7XIlNQ.jpg

q6SIoec.jpg

uHaJhOc.jpg

dXjdClb.jpg

Last edited: