I am finally happy and done

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by gary mitchell, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Kinnon09

Kinnon09 Squier-holic

Mar 8, 2021
    Scotland
    How you liking the Donner strat now Gary?? You put a good bit work in?? Nice picture of you and the wife.

gary mitchell and Robb like this.
  2. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
    Glad you have found your spot Gary .

Kinnon09 likes this.
  3. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Montana
    I am "almost done, almost happy".

Kinnon09 likes this.
  4. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-holic

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    I finally got it finish I found an old Ibanez humbucker I had been saving for a long time but I don't remember why so I popped it in and now I remember nice crazy smooth sound overdrive just melts into blues. just the right amount of squeal when you want it that guitar is sure a keeper I love it, very happy with , new pots and .033 caps great. very much a keeper.

Kinnon09 likes this.
  5. gary mitchell

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    I have a major problem now its called grandsons, one of my grandsons came in the house yesterday. I was in my music room listening to some Bob Dylan. He ask me if I had a neck for a strat I said yes I said yes there 2 out in the garage in decent shape it came off a Squire and another off a MIM. So excited he said grandpa come in the living room I want to show you something. His buddies dad was cleaning out his garage and he bought a Squire strat body and Squire P bass body with neck know pickups got it all for 75 dollars I said that was a cool buy son. When you get the parts I will show you how to put it together he said nope I got it for you grandpa. I was looking in your parts drawer and I seen you had running keys and stuff. So what are you going to do you know your their grandpa are what they at 20 years old still call papa. My awesome wife just looked at me and gave me a great big smile and went in and started cooking supper. seems like well it seems. Oh and he said he like to help once in a while so he could learn he is a pretty good picker himself . I forgot he told me grandpa your retired it will give you something to do cool right, again I got that sweet little smile from my wife then we both got some ice cream

Attached Files:

Best1989 and Kinnon09 like this.
  6. Kinnon09

Kinnon09 Squier-holic

Mar 8, 2021
    Scotland
    Very nice of him. I am 40 and still call my grandfather. Pops haha. Next project sounds Real nice.. ;)

gary mitchell likes this.
  7. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    Just remember. Guitars are cheaper than golf.
    Just joking. I had about thirty-five when I found the guitar I play most of the time, and setting up guitars for the grand children keeps me building strats, so I keep my strat set up and out. I might as well sell most of the rest, and would have, except I refuse to give serious guitars away for pennies.
    I have not purchased an electric guitar in years now. Last one would be an Epiphone bolt neck my mother got stuck with when a relative did not want a "cheap guitar". He wanted a Gibson.

8. Hadronic Spin

Hadronic Spin J Squier, Esquier Gold Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2021
    Los Angeles
    I does not get any better than this!

J

9. gary mitchell

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    I will help my grandsons build them I got one In Kansas that plays them, he's has a Squire he bought off a friend pretty cheap but its very red, he's got my old very first Peavey Bandit in good shape, my other son lives just a few miles from he has the bug he started maybe 4 or 5 year ago he's 22 and has already 6 or 7 guitars and a bass. My daughter laughs and said he got the bug from his grandpa. Like I said He is 22 years old a good looking kid don't drink never been in trouble he might if he don't quit hot rodding that little car around town him and his girl friend, the one in Kansas he is the same way know trouble, he's 23 , he might play some guitar and smoke a joint but he don't over do it he like to work and make money, he's got a very nice girl friend and he is looking forward getting married settling down, his girl friend said he sings to her romantic songs i would like to kid him about it, but i wouldn't nothing like that in the world. in the days on saturday night why was dating my wife we would sit out at the lake i would get my acoustic and sing to her. this must sound a little corny to all you young people out there i am sure.