I’m not awake yet ...

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by JurnyWannaBe, Jul 31, 2020.

1. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-holic

Feb 14, 2019
    DB3BA597-ADD1-4EB8-84C0-911ED9345ECE.png This just popped up on FBM. My brain says it’s a nice guitar but I’m not awake yet and I’m not sure what I’m looking at. Can one of y’all identify it for me?

2. JurnyWannaBe

Feb 14, 2019
    That's kinda what I was thinking. This one has 2 string trees and that's one thing that's making me wonder. The VM's came with DD pups and it looks like they're not in there ... ? They're asking $150.00 for the guitar and a Line 6 amp.

dbrian66 likes this.
  3. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    I bet its just the pic - they likely are the DD pickups -- and the VM70s pic on the Sq Wiki also shows 2 trees.

$150 w/ the Amp sounds like a great deal!

4. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Yeah, that’s a good price for that guitar. I really like the colors as well!

5. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I think it is a good deal

6. JurnyWannaBe

Feb 14, 2019
    Thanks errbody ... I just picked it up. It is a VM 70’s :)

7. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    SWEET!!!!

HNGD!

8. I've had two of those Vintage Blonde VM 70's (still have one). The first one I had was a single string tree and the one I have now has two. The vast majority had two string trees.
    Cheers, Barrie.

9. As a side note ... some of those VM 70's had bridge saddles that where too wide. That forced the outer most strings (high & low E's) to sit at or very near the height adjustment screws. Quality was low as well. I fixed that quick with a 007-1014-049 Fender replacement bridge. ;)
    Cheers, Barrie.

10. ToneChaser77

ToneChaser77 Squier-Nut

Sep 29, 2019
    Milledgeville, Ga
    Sweet deal. You keep getting deals like that and I'm gonna hafta move closer to Augusta and give you some competition. Jk. Although I do look in your area often but working during the week and being an hr and half away makes it difficult to respond quick enough for those good deals. Of course I have had my buddy Tobey snatch up one for me when I really wanted it. Congrats on that one. I miss my Made in India VM It's like these Squiers are becoming like Pokemon "Gotta catch'em all" Happy hunting brother.

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  11. ToneChaser77

ToneChaser77 Squier-Nut

Sep 29, 2019
    Milledgeville, Ga
    "Gotta catch em all" Speed metal version.

Best1989 and JurnyWannaBe like this.