How many guitars do you have? Pictures?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Powerstroke, Oct 9, 2021.

1. stratattack65

stratattack65 Squier Talker

Feb 29, 2020
    canada
    DSC_1060.jpg DSC_1821.jpg DSC_0276.jpg DSC_0885.jpg

lots of mutts,some have come and gone...some never leave

Mojotone, Fergyuk, Exhead and 8 others like this.
  2. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I just counted and I’m at 42. I couldn’t get them all in 5 pictures.

7E0DF6DA-79AD-4A78-9CAA-DAA72487A3F5.jpeg 39AF162A-1998-4846-929B-B25F8F962E65.jpeg 015168D3-9EC7-4503-BFC9-D0B478300023.jpeg 67CDA32D-6209-478A-AB72-4FE55FC3BCE9.jpeg 9245D55B-C90A-4555-B9C0-C2FD4C3A4717.jpeg

Robb, Paruwi, Mojotone and 11 others like this.
  3. Dennis James

Dennis James Squier Talker

Oct 21, 2020
    Far Rockaway, New York
    I currently have 23, with 14 that were kits, but in the process of building two more... One is for the Missus, who is my design 'mamager' on all my builds.. THAT is why I can have so many, without all the gripe and complaints.. She designs them, I build them... Here's a few examples.. T2kshqg0RlSihvfIDEj8xA-Desktop.jpg 244685222_4978680675509305_1325264909045905565_n.jpg qbq658oLSga8z2kK0pBCQw.jpg m_vfTArZTUWgicS4rXwYBw.jpg Resized_20210811_204346.jpeg

Robb, Paruwi, Fergyuk and 8 others like this.
  4. miket1117

miket1117 Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Kansas City
    @Hadronic Spin ... really like the look of that Contemp HH Strat, and im not a Strat guy! looks like it could be awesome sounding!

Robb, dbrian66 and Hadronic Spin like this.
  5. Hadronic Spin

Hadronic Spin J Squier, Esquier Gold Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Thanks.

The bridge pickup sounds really good, I like it a lot. However, I'm not thrilled with the neck pickup, it's really dark. I've lowered that badboy flush in the pickgaurd, it's helped a little but not enough for my taste.

Still, not a problem, the Contemporary so far is my bridge-only guitar.

Jason

Robb, miket1117 and dbrian66 like this.
  6. baronsecluba

baronsecluba New Member

Sep 17, 2021
    Hillsborough NC
    7 total ..to include these

Robb and dbrian66 like this.
  7. baronsecluba

baronsecluba New Member

Sep 17, 2021
    Hillsborough NC
    Picyures

Attached Files:

Robb, miket1117, Fergyuk and 3 others like this.
  8. miket1117

miket1117 Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Kansas City
    makes me think about the Contemp Tele RH i have,,, think i will go test that neck pup again... i love the rail in bridge.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  9. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    3 Strats
    2 Teles
    2 acoustics
    1 Bronco Bass

10. basstalk5

basstalk5 Squier Talker

Mar 12, 2013
    Covington, Ga.
    20210512_184235.jpg Only 9 pictured, 11 total.

Robb, Paruwi, Jumbosilverette and 8 others like this.
  11. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-Nut

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    LOL, nah, I just OCD about keeping details on my things. I started being serious about that after the burglary of almost 30 guitars, ukuleles and bass...many of which had poor documentation. :(

Live and learn.

GG

Robb, Shine, duceditor and 1 other person like this.
  12. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-Nut

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    I agree, when longer term storing them I prefer hard cases, then ye have no worries of storage damage to the instruments. Plus if needed, you could stack them (not too high tho, I don't think the cases have a lot of crush strength).

For medium term storage (such as in my closet with less total instruments, I'll use gig bags with vertical guitar racks. The gigbags also have an ID tag attached.

OH, I forgot to mention that I attach them using 8" braided stainless cables with locking clasps. No problem attaching, just loop around the ubiquitous handle and lock in place. I then alway know where to look and 99% of the time the handle IS on the side of case that's facing out. ;)

For the guitars that are in the current rotation, I use hangers and cover the hanged guitar with a custom made drop cloth that looks like a hooded cape (actually I DID use a scaled down version of an actual hooded cape template with a few mods to the hood part). These serves to just keep dust and light off the guitars.

It takes me a LONG time to stitch up just 1 of them by hand. :rolleyes: I'm by no mean a good seamster, but figured they should be ok as they're not under any stress unlike the inseams of a pant. I've had failed stitch work that bust open and "something" ends up "hanging loose." I'll leave the rest to yer extremely imaginative minds to picture. :oops: LOL :D

In any case, they're designed to slip over the headstock like a loose sock and the cape drapes over the rest of the guitar with the open side behind the guitar. I'm currently experimenting on various types of attachment to hold the edge of the cape closed behind the guitar that will release easily when the shroud is taken off. I think I'm currently favouring the weak magnet pairs. Altho, I think one or two shrouds will get slightly stronger magnets for use in outdoor gigs with strong winds.

Sigh, 5 down an' 15 more to go for the rest of my active rotation and display guitars. :eek:

PS: Dang, I forgotten to provide an attachment point for a tag! Back to the drawing board... :(

PPS: I think I'll add a fabric loop in the back of the hood where it joins the centerline of the cape, and put in a D-ring in there. ;)

That way I can kill 2 birds with one stone. It'll serve as an attachment point for the tag, and when the shroud is not in use, hang it by that D-ring.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    Shine, miket1117 and Ladeeh like this.
  13. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier Talk Member ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Hmm...I haven't counted in a while.

Ovation 6 string Celebrity
    Ovation 12 String
    Yamaha FG Jr
    BC Rich Rave Warlock Bass
    Banjo (don't remember the model/name)
    Made in India Squier VM
    1970 Kay Nylon String MIJ
    Firefly FF338 goldtop
    Rogue RA-100D
    Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert
    Yamaha LL-TA
    Anygig travel guitar
    Plus a keyboard, a cajon, and about a dozen harmonicas
    I guess that makes 11 guitars (not counting the banjo as a guitar)

Here is a pic of the seven I keep with me in my office (actually one more on the wall in my office not pictured--the Yamaha FG jr.)

PXL_20211013_033600071.jpg

Robb, Exhead, Shine and 5 others like this.
  14. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-Nut

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    LOL, just get one more and they'll match your name. :D

15. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-Nut

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    WOW, that Memphis ES-LP Studio looks PHENOMENAL! Been deciding on how to paint one of my guitars and was gonna go goldtop with red metallic burst, but this one really make my aesthetic sense positively drool!

miket1117 and dbrian66 like this.
  16. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-Nut

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    If it gets strings, makes noise when ye hit them, and the noise changes when ye press on the strings on that long thing that sticks out of one end, then yes, it counts, LOL! ;) :)

miket1117 and dbrian66 like this.
  17. 6q61

6q61 Squier Talker

Jul 8, 2017
    Barcelona
    It sure does!!!
    :):)

Robb, dbrian66 and Lanaka like this.
  18. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-Nut

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    That's ok, I've never bought any guitars for more than 425$, heck most of them are sub 200$, with quite a few below the 80$ mark. Only 10 in my herd was bought at >300$ mark (mostly among the latest additions to the herd). I guess I'm getting to the point that I'm more willing to spend a bit more up front to get a bit nicer guitars, LOL.

Of course, this doesnt take into account the money for the mods and personalizations. Then the grand totals, including the purchase price of the guitars themselves, run from 400 to 900$. The higher range being mostly the newer 300$+ guitars.

But the beauty of this approach is that ye can make the guitar totally your's and play the way you want it! And ye can spread the costs of the upgrades over a longer period of time...without having to pay for any interests.

Except perhaps for the shipping costs, but I mitigate that by buying enough to qualify for free shipping or buying from someone who offers free shipping up front. ;)

PS: ONLY 3 guitars I've bought new...well 5 if ye include my 2 electric solidbody ukuleles, LOL

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    miket1117 and motorhead like this.
  19. 6q61

6q61 Squier Talker

Jul 8, 2017
    Barcelona
    It's a great guitar. One of the last models to come out of the Memphis facility. I got it for a very good price.
    For some reason, these ended beig sold for less than half its list price. I remember seeing a couple on CME advertised as floor models, that went for little over 1k USD.

This Color is called Ginger Burst and I love it. It was also available in trans wine red, but these are very difficult to find

Robb and miket1117 like this.
  20. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA

For a time I augmented my scientific and medical imaging business with images created for insurance records. Some of that for individuals, others for a large gold and diamonds dealer in Boston.

I'd suggest including a photo of the guitar in with that record. Such will be helpful in establishing the model and condition if a claim ever need be made.

-don