Hobbies outside of guitars during lockdown

Taurus

Squier-holic
Sep 8, 2018
North Wales, United Kingdom
Haven’t made a post in a while, back in lockdown again now thought I’d ask what are your hobbies outside of playing or collecting guitars. Myself I’ve been reading history, reading fiction, learning about animals, studying psychology about to start a masters degree in January (1st term will be online only) and watching movies.

I enjoy football (soccer) and I usually go to the gym 5x a week doing boxing but since the start of the year, since the 1st lockdown really I’ve stopped. Being back home I won’t have my old gym I had in Liverpool (where I did my bachelors degree). Its kind of disappointing that I won’t be able to do much sports till this covid or lockdown is over.

I’ve been enjoying going for walks in nature and sometimes just to see some of the regular animals that live around my area lately. But life is starting to get a little still at the moment.

What are your hobbies during this time? Have you been doing nice things lately?

Triple Jim

Guy Who Likes to Play Guitar
Silver Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2018
North Carolina
My daughter and I had a really fun motorcycle ride yesterday. We rode about 80 miles around the John H. Kerr Reservoir on the Kawasaki Ninja 250 and my new Yamaha MT-07. We swapped several times and she really enjoyed it because she's small, and this was the first time she's been able fit on and ride something with power-wheelie type power. She's a good rider and is looking forward to our annual trip to Deals Gap next spring. This is her on the 250:

killboy_ga_dragon_2018_1024.jpg

Taurus

Squier-holic
Sep 8, 2018
North Wales, United Kingdom
Hobbies - does surfing for guitars count?
Ahh I have been surfing for other things too outside of guitars lol. Been surfing and considering different types of luxury watches over the last 2 weeks. Got GAS for a thinline Tele and an SG, plus maybe some pedals. But think it might be better if I could learn to play better lol. But that’s not as fun :D

My daughter and I had a really fun motorcycle ride yesterday. We rode about 80 miles around the John H. Kerr Reservoir on the Kawasaki Ninja 250 and my new Yamaha MT-07. We swapped several times and she really enjoyed it because she's small, and this was the first time she's been able fit on and ride something with power-wheelie type power. She's a good rider and is looking forward to our annual trip to Deals Gap next spring. This is her on the 250:

View attachment 181978

I think motorbikes look really cool, never tried one just bit scared to in case there’s an idiot driver on the road. I would love to give it a go though.

Looks amazing in the picture, both the bike and the view

I've Been golfing at least twice a week since spring. Not getting much better, but enjoying the time outside.It is still in the 60's here so I'm holding out hope for a few more trips.

Not tried golfing before, I’d like to give it a go :)

The wife and I are very much into Remote Control. Great hobby and great exercise..
Kayak fishing is also at the top of the list..

Remote control what? Cars or helicopters? Do you take them to like a public park to use?

Kayaking sounds awesome, haven’t tried fishing but I love actually kayaking whenever I can have a chance :cool:

Triple Jim

Guy Who Likes to Play Guitar
Silver Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2018
North Carolina
I think motorbikes look really cool, never tried one just bit scared to in case there’s an idiot driver on the road. I would love to give it a go though.

Looks amazing in the picture, both the bike and the view

I 'm lucky to live pretty far from everything, among the tobacco fields of North Carolina, so riding here is fairly sane. You do have to approach it very differently from driving a car though. You have to be extremely aware of what's going on around you and avoid all the drivers who don't know you're there.

That photo was taken by one of the photographers that hang out on "The Tail of the Dragon" in Tennessee, just over the NC border. That whole area is very scenic and oriented toward motorcycle riders who visit and spend money. "The Dragon" as it's usually known is extremely twisty. They claim 318 curves in 11 miles. If you maintain 35 mph, you can drag a knee in some of the sharper turns.

Here's a typical view, taken from the Foothills Parkway:

photo001.jpg

Tconroy

Squier-holic
Sep 11, 2015
kansas city mo
I am not or have not been in lockdown. We have had record sales 4 months in a row. Best in 14 years and it just keeps going. When I get home its landscaping, painting and basically home improvements. I try to get in some guitar playing once in a while also. Havent got to do much else but I am going to do my first refret on my MIM special editon and hope it goes well. The last level and crown put it down just a little too far. I thought I could squeeze one more out of it but didnt work. I have been to the hospital twice. Once when my appendix burst about 5 weeks ago and today I had a colonoscopy :( I know that has nothing to do with hobbies but thought it was worth mentioning.

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Nov 5, 2016
New York
I've Been golfing at least twice a week since spring. Not getting much better, but enjoying the time outside.It is still in the 60's here so I'm holding out hope for a few more trips.

I haven't golfed in 20 years. I used to really enjoy it. Hard to beat spending a beautiful day on the greens. I'll play more when I retire. For now, no time.

But I miss it.