Hi. Here are my Squiers, and some context.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BarnyardShark1979, Sep 5, 2020.

1. pwnyb0y

pwnyb0y Squier Talker

Sep 11, 2020
    Texas
    Nice collection! Now I "have" to have a Squier tele, so thanks for that.

What language at DLI?

2. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
    GREAT collection bro !!! You are sure fitting around us :D

3. late2guitar

late2guitar Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Middle Tennessee
  4. BarnyardShark1979

BarnyardShark1979 Squier-Nut

Jul 9, 2020
    Baltimore Maryland
    I did about 8 months in Hebrew and I sucked at it because I didn't expect it to be as fast-paced and overwhelming as it was. Then I was given the opportunity to either head to Mississippi, iirc, to learn how to fix radar dishes or stay in beautiful Monterey California (where my future ex-wife was taking Arabic at the time) and try my hand at Spanish, which I completed with honors, mainly because I had done 3 years of Spanish in high school, I had an understanding and appreciation for the pace of DLI courses by then, and I already knew the alphabet.

mb doug, Kenneth Mountain and RoyalWe like this.
  5. Geetarman72

Geetarman72 Squier-Meister

Apr 18, 2020
    Deltona
    I had that amp . Peavey Classic VT. Did a few gigs and jams with it . was a good solid amp !!

6. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Glad your here - great introduction ! Welcome to Squier Talk !

mb doug, Robb and BarnyardShark1979 like this.
  7. BarnyardShark1979

Jul 9, 2020
    Baltimore Maryland
    I like it a lot. It's loud, it sounds good, and I'm pretty sure I heard or read somewhere that it was this series of amp with the built-in phase shifter that you can hear on a bunch of 70s/80s outlaw country albums.

I picked it up in either 2002 or 2003 from a guy who posted a classified on the NSA's internal internet's (intranet?) trader page. He described it as something like "TUBE TYPE GIUTAR AMP - 2 foot by 3 foot $150" or something.

*Edit - it turns out it was the guy's son's amp, the son had left it when he moved out years prior, and apparently had demonstrated no interest or intent in ever getting it back or using it again.

I figured that if the guy was using the dimensions rather than make/model/etc, it might be worth checking out. Turns out it was. It's currently in need of a little TLC, it'll make a sound similar to the 'kicked reverb tank' noise every few minutes, and I promise you, I have never kicked this amp in my life. I imagine it could use a good, professional de-crud-ifying, it's about as old as I am.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    mb doug likes this.
  8. Geetarman72

Geetarman72 Squier-Meister

Apr 18, 2020
    Deltona
    I got mine for my birthday many birthdays ago . My girlfriend saw it for sale . a Guy had a thing for old Peavey amps and worked on them and yes this has a built in phaser . I used a Bad Monkey overdrive for lead work nothing else at that time. but I was kind of the only lead guitarist at this open jam I went to on Sundays and that was my amp. and it had a nice clear tone for classic country and blues. It was old but dang reliable .

BarnyardShark1979 and mb doug like this.
  9. ancient

ancient Squier Talker

Sep 12, 2020
    New Zealand
    That's one great write up and a cool collection...welcome dude.
    It's real friendly around this camp,,,,,Squire camp lol.

10. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Very cool , welcome to the neighborhood :cool:

11. BarnyardShark1979

Jul 9, 2020
    Baltimore Maryland
    Posting for posterity (if I ever need to make an insurance claim, I got this thread for backup lol):

My latest 3 Squiers since the last time I posted in my intro thread:
    [​IMG]
    (Along with new, not plugged in/waiting for patch cable delivery pedalboard).

Left-to-right:
    1) ISS20 Classic Vibe Starcaster purchased in January 2021. I have been fascinated with Starcasters since well before I started taking guitar lessons as a 12 or 13 year old. I think I was 6 or 7 when I saw this ad in one of my dad's Guitar Player mags:
    [​IMG]
    And let's just say it left an impression. As a little kid who was obessed with dinosaurs and reptiles, this ad just stoked the imagination. As soon as I was a pubescent guitar learner I started thumbing through my dad's meticulously kept-on-some-metal-shelves-in-the-basement archive of Guitar Player and Guitar World magazines again and saw this ad again, recipe for obsession.

When I saw that Squier was offering a line, I was stoked. While I'd be happier if the kept the 70s style bridge rather than the TOM B/TP and also if they kept the 5th master volume knob (the original looked so cool, what can I say?), it's such a nice sounding, nice playing, and rad looking guitar. I love this thing. Look forward to putting some years on it.

2) CYKK20 Affinity Jazzmaster HH purchased in late March 2021. Saw the news that the new Affinity line was coming out with those purple and blue Jazzmasters. Already had a white Bullet Mustang HH and wanted to get the Affinity JM to match (swapped in an eBay 4ply wbwb pickguard for aesthetics), so I bought it. Love this guitar, neck is great, stock pickups were pretty good too. I did swap in white-button split-shaft tuners (just like my Mustang, think they look classy), and just recently a set of GFS Fat PATs with a coil-split tone know push-pull, and, like my Mustang, swapped volume and tone knob positions so the tone/push-pull is closer to the strings for easier access. Also, I do tone knob stuff way more often than volume knob stuff anyway. Macthing pair!
    [​IMG]

3) ICS12 Standard Black & Chrome Fat Stratocaster HSS. I've basically wanted one of these ever since I got my Std B&C Tele in 04 or 05. Bought it off a dude named Terry who listed it on Facebook Marketplace (my first transaction on that platform) for $225, inclusive of a hard case that's probably worth $75 on it's own. Had to have it.

While we were doing the buyer/seller friendly chat Terry said "I set it up real nice. Of course, you'll fine tune it how you like, but it's ready to play, it's not out of whack or anything".

Dude did not lie. He did a hell of a setup on it, pretty sure these are new strings too. Action is super easy without a hint of buzz, intonation is true up and down, it plays like butter. And it sounds great too, the pickups in this thing sound great, as was mentioned by another poster in my thread dedicated to this guitar.
    Matching pair!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    rorygman and Eddd like this.