HH Affinity Tele on sale

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by TeleSi, Sep 20, 2020.

1. TeleSi

TeleSi Squier-Meister

Aug 12, 2020
    Florida
    Happy Sunday everyone

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/gui..._P8dr52FlrvNQSWOg&CA_6C15C=420003170002158431

this caught my eye. Aesthetically speaking, I LOVE it. Anyone played one? Any good? I have an SG, so don’t know if I need another HH setup in my life right now, but if this is awesome, I might have to pull the trigger at this price!

Also, description says top loader, Pics clearly show string thru. Again, thoughts?

2. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I love mine. I put some GFS Retrotrons in it to make it my poor man's Cabronita. Beware of bad switches though. I bought two Bullet Teles and this one, and two of the three had bad switches that I had to replace.
    RSCN1134-2.JPG

3. TeleSi

TeleSi Squier-Meister

Aug 12, 2020
    Florida
    That looks sharp! Switches might not be a dealbreaker - going for this would mean selling my FSR Surf Green bullet, so I'd consider a pup and pot upgrade, and potentially coil tap to get the best of both worlds

mb doug and dbrian66 like this.
  4. jefffam

jefffam Dr NC Gold Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    • Those are very good looking guitars. They check a whole lot of the boxes, Tele, bright orange (something different than my usual NC Strat colors), blackout metal parts, HH, until you get to the nut width, 40.6mm. Sadly, a total dealbreaker for me. Just like a maple fretboard, anything less than 42mm is unacceptable, for me, with virtually zero wriggle room.
    Good luck with your shopping.

mb doug and radiotech like this.
  5. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Don't do it! Coil tap never sounds right IMO. And, I love my Bullet Teles even more than this one, but I'm a single coil guy at heart.
    DSCN1128-2.JPG

ChinaCatSunflower and mb doug like this.
  6. TeleSi

TeleSi Squier-Meister

Aug 12, 2020
    Florida
    A fine collection! What drove the purchase of two bullets? Just color, or did you mod both in different ways?

mb doug likes this.
  7. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    They were impulse buys. I bought the Surf Green one first, but I liked the LPB so much, I got that one then too. And I got the Orange Affinity last. I bought all three before they went on sale, but got a refund to equal the sale price, because I bought them all within the 45 day price match period. I put the Tonerider CV Alnico 5s in the Surf Green one, and Fender Yosemites in the LPB one. The CV ones are fatter sounding and the Yosemites are brighter.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    ChinaCatSunflower and mb doug like this.
  8. StormCaster

StormCaster Squier Talker

Sep 13, 2020
    Wisconsin
    That looks really nice. I can barely fit my chunky fingers on a 1.65 nut width so I could never do 1.60. It is really nice lookin though. Best wishes whatever you decide. :)

mb doug likes this.
  9. TeleSi

TeleSi Squier-Meister

Aug 12, 2020
    Florida
    I think the nut issue is going to be a dealbreaker for me... I'm 6'3" with shovel like hands! My SG is great at 1.69" the bullet is fine, but anything less will likely end up with me sounding way worse than I am already :Do_O

Viking and mb doug like this.
  10. BarnyardShark1979

BarnyardShark1979 Squier-Meister

Jul 9, 2020
    Baltimore Maryland
    Had to get a new gas range installed last week, so my guitar budget is nil right now, but I was eyeballing the black one really hard a minute. Would really like to get it, then replace the pickguard, bridge and controls with mirror/chrome ones so it would match my 04 Std black/chrome Tele. I guess I'd get a chrome-covered neck humbucker for it too, to complete the look.

TeleSi likes this.
  11. ChinaCatSunflower

ChinaCatSunflower Squier-Meister

Oct 18, 2018
    USA
    I think I've lost it... just can't stop myself when I see these MF sales on Made In Indonesia (MII) Teles. Great guitars!

I just ordered a black one. Thanks.

12. ChinaCatSunflower

ChinaCatSunflower Squier-Meister

Oct 18, 2018
    USA
    A dab of DeOxIt on the contacts fixes that. I'm sure they get tested before they leave the factory .