Help!

Discussion in 'The Buzz Box' started by Ken Rose, Aug 23, 2020.

1. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Not enough room! They have to offset the jacks even on the sides to make them fit.

mb doug and Treehouse like this.
  2. Treehouse

Treehouse Squier-Nut

Dec 4, 2019
    The Arboritum
    They’re Chinese. They should be able to figure it out!:D

mb doug likes this.
  3. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    More Danish Pete, and Lee, less Chappers, please. I have no skill but I CAN dial in a clean tone better than Chap!

DougMen and mb doug like this.
  4. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    Damn you! Ordered Danish Petes and Rabea's pedals.

mb doug likes this.
  5. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    No, only Pete's!

mb doug and Ken Rose like this.
  6. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    It's seems to be all Lee and Pete now, 'cause Lee's income has increased exponentially since bringing in Pete and dumping Robb, lol. And, Lee's playing has gotten way better too!

7. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    I liked Rabea’s too. I’m in search of a darker high gain pedal. So far none of the ones I have are high gain enough. I do like the golden brownie though.

mb doug likes this.
  8. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Have you ever seen the Joyo California? It's their take on the Dual Recto sound.
    Joyo-California-Pedal-rear.jpg

mb doug likes this.
  9. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
    I think I might be getting an addiction and have bought “ one “yet

10. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    I haven’t. Let me check that out. Bills? Psssh...what bills.

mb doug likes this.
  11. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    Ah phew! Wasn’t diggin the joyo. My wallet is happy. I have a Bugera 333. Perhaps I don’t need any more gain?

mb doug and DougMen like this.
  12. drneilmb

drneilmb Squier-Nut

Jun 8, 2019
    Iowa, USA
    That Lekato looper is making everyone else look late to the party. 9 loops, position feedback, a tuner and USB at $47 (today) is head and shoulders above the others with USB and only one loop for $40-45.

Donner has the triple looper with 3 loops, position feedback and no USB and they want $65. Then you're adding in drums in the $75 - 100 range before you even get to the Boss RC-1 and TC Ditto.

I'm deep in looper research right now. Been having a BLAST playing along with myself but the 30 second limit on the Zoom G1FOUR is starting to cramp my style.

Lekato's in the lead for now.

-Neil

13. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia
    The only Single function pedal I have is an Aroma Dumbler, it’s underwhelming... it weirdly sounds better on acoustics/Piezo’s than electrics. Haven’t used it in over a year.

Was I expecting $10K+ tone out of a $32 pedal?

not really.

mb doug likes this.
  14. BarnyardShark1979

BarnyardShark1979 Squier-Meister

Jul 9, 2020
    Baltimore Maryland
    I stumbled upon the cheapo Chinese mini-pedal thing a year and a few months ago. I like experimenting with different combos.
    [​IMG]

drewcp, DougMen, Wizzer and 2 others like this.
  15. Block Head Ike

Block Head Ike Squier-holic

The description for the Joyo California JF-15 says:

"Features: Feel the sound of the Mesa Boogie MKII amplifier and get lots of natural and focused rock tones. Simulates Mesa Boogie MK II amplifier. 6 adjusting knobs for complete sound manipulation, unique crunch. Quality components, true-bypass wiring to minimize the signal loss."

You may like the JF-04 High Gain Distortion:

"The JF-04 High Gain Distortion pedal from Joyo audio is made to last, with features and tone that make it a dream come true. If you play rock n roll and sometimes want to cover an edgier metal song but dont have the Randall or PV head to get it done, enter the 04 stompbox! Increasing the level of distortion introduces great overtones, so when you bend a high note or thrash a power chord, the chord or note rings through perfectly. Meanwhile, mistakes are covered from the natural compression and incredible Distortion sound. Your guitars signal is not altered when the pedal is turned off (true bypass wiring), and effects On/Off transitions are always on time with the swift click of the quality Stompbox-style DPDT switch. The JF-04 has even more than this to offer. Quality components include the input and output jacks, a bright LED, and a 9V battery (included); but more importantly, the High Gain Distortion pedal from Joyo features the dual band EQ, perfect for Rock guitar sculpting. If you want more throat and mid-bass, crank the Mid knob up if you like the mids scooped for that alt sound, or just have a particularly twangy-sounding guitar (a Tele, for example),and you want to tame that all thickness, cut it back and youll find what so many great guitar players have found: Deep, in-your-face thrash sounds! The JF-04 always produces (ripping solos) and delivers on so many levels (of GAIN!). Enjoy all of them with High Gain you can begin to EQ every last bite of metal tone out of your favorite multi-purpose Ax today!"

or maybe the JF-17 Extreme Metal:

The Joyo JF-17 Extreme Metal goes beyond heavy killing whatever poor little creature lies in front of the speaker's it's running through. Deep bass, defined highs, and the ability to cut and boost mids will instantly lengthen your hair and blacken your clothes. And if that isn't enough, there's an extra Boost foot switch when you need to go to 11. Or 12.
    Heads drop. Heads roll. Fists raise.

• Epic HEAVY METAL Distortion Tones
    • 6 controls for shaping EQ and overdrive response: LowMid, High, Level, Boost, and Drive
    • Rugged Aluminum alloy casing
    • Dimensions: 11.8(L)X8.7(H)X3.8(W)cm
    • Uses a 9V Battery or 9V AC Adapter

It is entertaining just reading the descriptions! Great ad copy even if the pedal sucks! Can't say from first hand experience - I don't own any JOYO pedals...yet.

[​IMG] upload_2020-8-25_12-54-10.png

16. BarnyardShark1979

BarnyardShark1979 Squier-Meister

Jul 9, 2020
    Baltimore Maryland
    I have a Joyo Extreme Metal, it was probably the first sub-$50 non-Danelectro budget import pedals I've ever bought, had it on my board for a few years.

At first I was confused, because the "Boost" switch/knob is not an independent volume boost, but a upper midrange frequency boost (adjust the freq band with the knob) for the distortion. The first time I tried to turn on the boost without the distortion, nothing happened, I thought it was defective.

Apparently, saw this years later, it's based on the EHX Metal Muff.

mb doug, Ken Rose and Block Head Ike like this.
  17. vintageguitarz

vintageguitarz Squier-Meister

Aug 2, 2011
    So Cal
    Maybe if you were a competent guitarist, you wouldn't need "pedals" ..... take a tip from Keith Richards, unless you think you can argue with a master. ....

JBrooks and CVSteve like this.
  18. Block Head Ike

Ha! Does Keith even know what's in his signal chain at this point? By the way, according to Equipboard.com, Keith uses, or has used:

Maestro Fuzz-Tone
    Zinky Master Blaster
    MXR M107 Phase 100
    Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer

So stick that in your purist transfusion bag!

mb doug and DougMen like this.
  19. Block Head Ike

drewcp, DougMen and SoundDesign like this.
  20. Wizzer

Wizzer Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I've got a bunch of the Danelectro pedals. I think I've got just about every one they offered. They're cheap and I don't know if they'd withstand being used on tour by a good guitar player, but they're great to set up at home and mess around with.