Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by fluffy391, Oct 18, 2020 at 12:31 AM.

1. fluffy391

fluffy391 Squier Talker

Friday
    Sydney
    I'm not 'new' new here, I sent my first messages yesterday but I guess I never introduced myself.
    I'm a longtime classical pianist, playing for my 16th year this year. I recently picked up bass almost a year ago, and studying in musical uni has allowed me to be embraced into so many new genres. I like bands like Polyphia.
    I'm also hoping to get an electric guitar soon so I can be part of this amazing community.

2. otisblove

otisblove Squier-Nut

Aug 19, 2016
    Chicago
    Welcome! You’ll need at least 2 guitars. Three to be on the safe side.

3. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-holic

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    I'm not good on a piano, for some reason I can use both hands in unison on a guitar but not on the piano. But I've always loved how the instruments go together so well, it's easy to take music from one and apply it to the other.

4. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert Gold Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    My wife, Jan, like you started early on the piano.

We met -- this was back in 1968 -- when she joined a band I was playing in as a keyboardist. But she then, like you, wanted to make the jump over to guitar. (Not for the band, but for her own pleasure.)

This she did, and became proficient enough to accompany herself as a singer. Her classical training has always been a plus.

Good to have you here! There will always be much goid help to aid you in your geetar quest! :)

- don

5. MrYeats

MrYeats Dr. Squier

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    I think you will do well here. Lots of knowledge to pass around and these folks are most helpful. Enjoy your stay...And welcome.

gmt124 likes this.
  6. gmt124

gmt124 Squier-Meister

Aug 11, 2019
    Wales, UK
    Hi fluffy391 and welcome aboard the ST, great to have you here.

MrYeats likes this.
  7. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Just a kicked back frog... Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
  8. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Hah. Don't listen to @otisblove :) You don't even need a guitar to join.

Welcome.

9. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Squier-Meister

Mar 9, 2020
    Greybull, WY
    Hello and welcome to S-T. Glad you have decided to add guitar to your instruments list. You'll find lots of helpful members here. Fell free to ask any questions.

10. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Welcome !

I recently discovered I could play (with 1 hand) the same tunes on piano that I've learned on guitar . I've just been noodlng around a bit and it's all ear and a bit of keyboard knowledge. It is fun though ;)

11. Ray Stankewitz

Ray Stankewitz Squier-Meister Platinum Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2014
    Central Indiana
    Welcome, welcome! Note; You will need at least two guitars plus a third that's a project guitar. And, Pics or it didn't happen! LOL!

Enjoy your stay and I hope you become a long time member here. Don't be afraid to ask questions or post pics of your latest SE Strat conquest!