Hello world! This is my first post.

LazloDuke

Squier Talker
Oct 4, 2022
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
This my first post to this site. I recently acquired a "Fake-caster" where the Squier logo on the front and the serial number on the back have been removed. My only clues are that it has a "Pink Cadillac" color, a 21 fret neck and a neck plate with a large Squier engraved on it with a smaller Fender under the right hand side of the word Squier. I don't really want to remove the neck just to see if there is a serial number there, which I doubt. Thanks in advance for any clues as to when this Squier was made.
"

Rick-T137

Squier-Meister
Oct 4, 2020
Canada
Welcome aboard! I imagine "fakecasters" are pretty rampant on the used market. Does your guitar have a Fender decal on the headstock?

I have a Squier Bullet and I've done a lot of mods to it, but I've left the headstock alone. Honestly, I like the black "Squier Telecaster" logo on it, and I don't think replacing it with a Fender decal will make me any better of a player. :)

Talking-Squier

Squier Talker
Sep 19, 2022
Hawaii
Aloha @lazioduke! Folks on here will figure it out in no time once they see some pics. We love pics! Welcome to the party.

You have to wonder why someone would mutilate a perfectly good Squier like that. Ego? To perpetrate a fraud? Main thing is play that bugger and make music! Good luck with the bone.

LazloDuke

Squier Talker
Oct 4, 2022
Welcome aboard! I imagine "fakecasters" are pretty rampant on the used market. Does your guitar have a Fender decal on the headstock?

I have a Squier Bullet and I've done a lot of mods to it, but I've left the headstock alone. Honestly, I like the black "Squier Telecaster" logo on it, and I don't think replacing it with a Fender decal will make me any better of a player. :)
Yes, and a "Custom Shop" sticker on the back of the headstock too...lol. They went all out to "fudge" this guitar's true heritage but it plays like butter so there's that.

LazloDuke

Squier Talker
Oct 4, 2022
Aloha @lazioduke! Folks on here will figure it out in no time once they see some pics. We love pics! Welcome to the party.

You have to wonder why someone would mutilate a perfectly good Squier like that. Ego? To perpetrate a fraud? Main thing is play that bugger and make music! Good luck with the bone.
My best guess, based on the value of the pups and new electronics is it was a "Stage Guitar" designed to "imply" it was a Fender...lol