Haven't been this tempted in a very long time

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Lonn, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Wasting time in GC this morning and spied this on the wall. Brand new Player Tele in Burgundy Mist/maple marked down to $549. I'm trying to pay off my GC card or it would have come home with me.

[​IMG]

Dave M, otisblove, fadetoz and 11 others like this.
  2. bolloxbollox

bolloxbollox Squier Talker

saw one of those at G.C. yesterday, there are a few SE Fender Player series guitars on sale thru the end of October. (also on Musiciansfr... btw)

If G.C. had given me a better offer on a trade-in yesterday I would have had a NGD too!

3. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    That's a beauty. I haven't GAS'd in awhile, but there's an LTD Explorer in NJ that I want. But I can't get out there until the weekend.

Though, if I had any brains ... today would have been a perfect day to run out to NJ. No traffic. Argh !!!

4. archetype

archetype Squier-holic

Is that Burgundy Mist or the new color Penny?

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  5. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
  6. danzigdan

danzigdan Squier-Nut

Feb 10, 2014
    WNY
    There's one at our local GC. I had never seen one in that color. Adorama is been selling the LPB ones for $549 as well.

7. bolloxbollox

FWIW I also regularly see Sam Ash selling Fender Player series b-stock in the 500-550 range on reVerb & Eb*y - I bought my Buttercream Jazz Bass for $544 shipped 2 day with tax from them and it arrived in the original packaging with all the tags etx. not a flaw to be found on it.

(I think it was the last on the pallet and a had a SELL LAST sticker on it.)

8. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Dr. Squier

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
  9. bolloxbollox

who says I didn't?

Shipped.JPG

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  10. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Apparently that's an FSR, 'cause that color isn't shown on Fender's website. MF has it listed at $575. It's too bad that the Player Tele isn't available with a PF board, only maple. Otherwise, I might be tempted to sell my CVC Tele and buy the Player Tele.

11. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    You should just get it and then work on paying off the card. Sounds like a great plan.

fattboyzz and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  12. bolloxbollox

After seeing one in person over the weekend I could not pass this Player Strat in Shell Pink up - just didn't want the floor model

it is included in the Roctober sale too, - GC had the best online price MF matched it (same company) I'm going to sell off a few Squiers to make up the $ but it's soooooooooooooooooooo worth it. I'll do a proper thread of my own and stop hijacking this one.

Strat Pink.jpg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  13. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Nothing to hijack here, I had no real intention of buying the Tele but it sure was nice.

14. Dave M

Dave M Squier-Nut

Feb 27, 2017
    Mira Loma, CA
    Wow thats $30 cheaper than MF !!!!!! Now
    And I'm Always trin' to pay off my GC card to...I have never paid interest...;)