Has anybody here ever ordered from Wish? Was it good, bad, very bad, very very bad?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Ralph124C41, May 4, 2021.

1. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I was just wondering. I keep getting emails from the site and I've never ordered.

I've dealt with AliExpress and the customer service was ... confusing to say the least. I ordered an item and was told I would have to wait something like a couple of months. Finally I got the item and the day or two later AliExpress went ahead and refunded my amount. I contacted the seller and told him or her that it would be OK to recharge my credit card ... but nothing happened. And the email conversations with the seller got muddled, I guess because of translation problems or something.

Anyway, any feedback on Wish? I just fear it's like AliExpress but even more confounding.

2. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-holic

Feb 14, 2019
    I'll be honest ... I've always shied away from sites like that for the very reason(s) you listed. I've got a VERY short fuse when it comes to my money :rolleyes:

3. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I understand. I just got an email selling a hardshell guitar case for $52 but when I went to the actual site (which included figures and other gear in the musical instrument category) the same case was $97 at the cheapest that I could find.

Yeah, I will definitely pass on this. I was just wondering.

4. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    image.jpeg image.jpeg I ordered a chime drum from them for my daughter for 30.00 They sent me a cheap xylophone.I could have shipped it back to China for a full refund.

5. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Dr. Squier

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    I had an account there until an order for a $60 item that I didn’t order showed up on my debit card. I canceled the order and closed my account.

6. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Dr. Squier

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    If you keep pushing them they’ll give you a full refund without having to return the item.

7. FS SE

FS SE Squier Talker

Mar 9, 2021
    Colorado
    My wife has bought from them numerous times in the past-- slow shipping from China, often wrong item shipped but they seem to be good with refunds-,- BUT her account has been hacked 3-4 times so she closed her account

8. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016

Ugh ...

Here we go off on one of my tangents ....

Some years ago I had a debit card from walmart. I never gave out the number or password. I never shared it with anybody. I never wrote it down. Someone somebody got into my account and used it to download two expensive games ($100 each) and tried for third time before the money went out. I still wonder to this day how that was accomplished. I got my money restored but I had no access to use the card to buy a guitar.

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  9. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier Talk Member ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Years ago (maybe 8-10?) I bought a fancy tuxedo style shirt for me and some bras for my wife. The shirt was way too small, but those were my wife's favorite unmentionables until they wore out.

These days I consider it too risky to buy from unless I use a throw-away card and account.

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  10. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Everyone I know, in real life, who has ever ordered from wish, has had a 3 week minimum wait time, if not closer to 2 months, and having a long wait is something they openly advertise. Other than that, things are either not as described, as far as size, or durability, or materials used.

I wouldn't expect to get anything genuine from wish.

JurnyWannaBe likes this.