Has anybody gotten their stimulus check and/or your Covid vaccine inoculation yet?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Ralph124C41, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Floridatelepicker

Floridatelepicker Squier Talker

Mar 23, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, Fl
    As my handle indicates, I am in FL and looking at 65 in the rearview mirror. I got my first vaccine shot yesterday and so far no reaction to complain about My wife is a nurse and she got her second shot a few days ago. No real reaction to the first and so far just a headache and sore arm from the second. I know its no garuntee, but I know several people that have had Covid and it is no joke. One friend in particular who is younger than me by a good ten years spent three weeks in ICU and almost died. It's been a solid two months for him now and he still can't go outside for a decent walk
    I was lucky and got through on the county website and got an appointment. Got there an hour early and it still took 3-1/2 hours. That said I think under the circumstances they are doing a good job here and I can get tested any time I want with results in a couple days. Stay healthy.
    ps just looked and the stimulus payment is there, that was quick.

2. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016

Good for you. 65 was in my rearview mirror so long ago that it has turned a corner and is in another state by now.

As I said in my last post I now have no idea when my local VA will have a shot for me. I did talk to somebody there yesterday who told me that my six-month routine exam will AGAIN not be in person but will have to be done through a phone interview or some kind of video review. I have no idea how to set up a video so I will do the phone interview again. My eye exam, which was cancelled five months ago, still seems on schedule. But that , too, may change.

I will I guess have to find out if I can get the vaccine through some local agency.

Well, I just did. In my county only Group 1-A people are eligible. I'm I-C, as I said, so no shot for me.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  3. rocket_tx

rocket_tx Squier Talker

Jun 6, 2020
    Houston, Texas
    Got my first shot on Monday, no side effects other than a sore spot at injection site. That only lasted a couple of days. I am scheduled to get my 2nd shot on Feb 6th, and I am excited! Back to eating inside restaurants and seeing live music!

We have had 3 covid deaths in my extended family, that's enough. There is a very high probability they would still be alive if they had been vaccinated. Get the shot, don't get covid, don't get covid and unknowingly give it to others.

Kenneth Mountain and Davis Sharp like this.
  4. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Good for you! (not meant sarcastically, I'm sincerely happy for you)

5. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016

Well for me good news ... and not so good news

The good: NY Gov. Cuomo on Tuesday lowered the 1-B criteria to those 65 and older, so I now qualify and so I can register for the vaccine.

The not so good: I can register ... but I can't find any place near me that has the vaccine available. I've gone online, I've called and nothing is available. A friend of mine did the same thing with the same results.

More not-so-good: The VA tells me I will be sent an email when I could get a shot. I don't know when but I do know I will have to travel about 90 miles to get it because the shots will not be distributed at my local clinic.

Kenneth Mountain and SoCalJim like this.
  6. SoCalJim

SoCalJim Squier-Meister

Nov 12, 2020
    SoCal
    My wife and I registered for the vaccination; however, we haven’t heard anything yet. Oh well.

7. vlxerdon

vlxerdon Squier-Nut

Dec 31, 2014
    Coastal Georgia
    Got the stimulus. Wife and I are both 75 so we are up for the vaccine whenever it is in our county. Our primary care Dr. will not be doing injections so we will most likely check our pharmacy about it. Still undecided about getting it.

Kenneth Mountain and Davis Sharp like this.
  8. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I just got confirmation for Jan. 25 to get my first shot at a local state college about 15-20 miles from me. I also got an email from the NY governor explaining there are about 7 million in New York now eligible to get the vaccine ../ but the state has been getting only about 300,000 a week and next week is due to only get 250,000. So I did the math ... and that means , at that rate, months before even the first two categories can get the shots. So I jumped at the chance to get a shot on Jan. 25.

9. BobWithOneO

BobWithOneO Squier-Meister

Dec 3, 2020
    Best Carolina
    The old lady's boss had the vaccine and now she's sick.

Apparently if you've had Covid before you shouldn't get the vaccine. She already had the virus and recovered, the man she has been living with for ~30 years died of it last month. It was horrible, and since they weren't married his kids had the right to see him and make all of the decisions and she was left on the sidelines and wasn't allowed to see him much if at all when things got bad. They both caught it at a funeral.

Angry Possum likes this.
  10. Hugh

Hugh Squier-Nut

Dec 15, 2009
    USA
    Got both checks (direct deposit) the first day they started sending them.

No vaccine yet and might pass on the mRNA ones. I had Covid in early November and have now tested positive for antibodies twice since Dec. Got my second pos result today.

Recent word is antibodies offer protection for 5-8 months for sure and one doctor that was part of a study thinks it could be much longer.

The traditional type vaccines waiting approval, I'd probably get.

Angry Possum likes this.
  11. John L Rose

John L Rose Squier-holic

SWMBO has been a Canadian citizen since the late '70s, and she got a US stimulus check. This makes up in part for her having to pay hundreds of $$$ just to file a US tax return the past couple of years, even though she hasn't lived there nor made any income from the U.S. since the '70s.
    Now we're waiting for the next check.

Oh, and she got to vote by absentee ballot last November too.

As far as the vaccine goes, we'll both be getting it (whichever kind) whenever it becomes available for us.

12. BobWithOneO

BobWithOneO Squier-Meister

Dec 3, 2020
    Best Carolina
    Absolutely criminal. Whatever though, we deserve everything bad that happens. We are the banana republic now and we deserve it.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

13. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychotic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    4kbgii.jpg I personally would wait several years to see the reactions of the vaccine. I had Covid 19, I was sick for 2 weeks with bad flu symptoms, my immune system figured it out. I guess I was a lucky one perhaps, if you will. I'm not a fan of Big Pharma, never was. I trust in my immune system.

Taurus likes this.
  14. Geode

Geode Squier-holic

Nov 30, 2020
    MB, SC
    The lack of anticipated
    vaccine supplies, has
    changed the actual shot
    dispersal in my area.

I went from group
    1-B, to 1-C. Although
    other States are @
    65+, we don't seem to
    have an adequate supply
    & the age was changed
    to 70+ for the 1-B group.

I'm over 65, w/COPD,
    but according to our
    Health Dept, we're
    not getting enough
    vaccine, delivered to
    our Hosp systems.

I'm hoping the VA may
    have some availability.

15. DougMen

DougMen Dr. Squier

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I just got my $600, and they sent it on a pre-paid card instead of a check, which means I don't have to deposit the check, which is much easier for me, so I'm very happy about that. But, no word yet on when I'll be able to get the vaccine.

Kenneth Mountain and Geode like this.
  16. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I read an interesting article today about how West Virginia has taken a rather novel tactic to get the vaccine out. Instead of using a lot of chain pharmacies (as in New York among other avenues), WV officials are turning to lots and lots of local small-town pharmacies and other outlets, such as at schools, etc. The article says that per capita, WV leads the nation in getting the vaccine to its residents.

Kenneth Mountain, Geode and DougMen like this.
  17. Taurus

Taurus Squier-Nut

Sep 8, 2018
    North Wales, United Kingdom
    My grandfather has had it not this past weekend but the weekend before. We’ll see the impacts (if positive or negative). I am not optimistic about the vaccines given how the UK is run and given how quickly the vaccines were created here. We will wait and see to see the impacts (whether positive or negative).

18. lost sailor

lost sailor Squier-Meister

Oct 7, 2013
    Wolf 359
    These morons governors and mayors are dangling the vax like a carrot -- it should not go that way.......I wouldn't be surprised if they started saying you need to pay your outstanding traffic tickets before you get the shot.

19. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I got my first vaccine shot this afternoon. It was in a former newspaper building that has been bought by the local college. I arrived about 45 minutes or so early (I was given a 15-minute window) but a National Guardsman, who was directing traffic and parking, told me if it wasn't busy I may be seen. It was around noon and it really wasn't all that busy.

After filing out more paperwork I got the shot and was told to wait for 15 minutes to see if I had any adverse reactions. I didn't and haven't so far. I will see if anything happens overnight. I also got an appointment card for three weeks from now for my second shot.

In all the whole process went very well I thought.

20. strat_strummer

strat_strummer John Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    We haven't seen our first vaccine in our town yet but I found out tonight there is a high risk list and apparently they are starting Feb. 1st.

Kenneth Mountain and Geode like this.