Had the House Pressure Washed

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by dbrian66, Sep 22, 2020.

1. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    My house was built in the mid 90’s. It’s at an age where stuff is starting to need attention. Had a new roof put on last month. That was the least amount of fun you can have for $13k! But it does look good and is guaranteed for 50 years. I am 50 years old. So if you do the math, I will never have to spend any money on my roof again! LOL. But yesterday I had the house pressure washed and WOW! What a difference. Cost me less than $300 and the house looks great. This might be something I start doing on a yearly basis!

F3A239F8-93D0-4CE6-88D9-AFFC92E77476.jpeg

2. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Just a kicked back frog... Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
  3. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Very nice. My deck is that same gray color. My wife and I pressure washed it a couple of months ago.

4. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-holic

Feb 14, 2019
    Our house has white vinyl siding and we live in a stand of oak trees. It has to be pressure washed at least once a year. I ended up buying my own pressure washer. It's quite handy for other things like lawn furniture, driveways, lawn mowers, etc.

5. mitch_cumsteen

mitch_cumsteen Squier-Nut

Jun 25, 2018
    Planet, Idaho
    I've always wondered about this. Do they spray in a downward direction so the water doesn't work upward into the siding?

6. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Yeah, I have a pressure washer that I use for lots of stuff. But getting three stories up to do the siding is more than I am willing to do! LOL Here is my tractor all taken apart so I could pressure wash it. I’m fine doing stuff on ground level!

6CFFF81A-D39E-49B2-941C-56C8CE4C6022.jpeg

7. Shine

Shine Squier-Nut

Nov 29, 2016
    Rings of Saturn
    I can think of a few used guitar purchases that could use this treatment!

8. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Yepp !

Groady dna necks are the worst ;(

9. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Looking good !

10. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    THAT is some roof square footage !
    Do you expect that company to be there 30 years from now when you need that waranty ?

dbrian66 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  11. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Squier-Meister

Feb 25, 2017
    Rhode Island USA
    You really should every couple years.

dbrian66 likes this.
  12. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Squier-Meister

Feb 25, 2017
    Rhode Island USA
    Soap it(low pressure) from the bottom to the top because it just keeps running down anyway
    Rinse it(high pressure) from the top down.
    Your siding has a interlock with weep holes so water can get out

mitch_cumsteen and dbrian66 like this.
  13. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    The warranty is through the shingle manufacturer, Certain Teed, not the company that installed it. And they have been around since the early 1900’s, so there is a good chance they will still be around in 50 years. Fingers crossed! :)

DrBeGood and Las Palmas Norte like this.
  14. archetype

archetype Squier-holic

Likely the warranty is only for the shingles, not the labor to install replacements. The company that put them down on the decking won't matter if replacements are needed. You pay the labor for whoever does the work.

dbrian66 likes this.
  15. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I’m pretty sure they will pay labor as well. It’s a good warranty. Hopefully I will never need it!

DrBeGood likes this.
  16. 50 years huh ... impressive. Any roof I've done was 25 years.
    I'm with you working on or at near ground level. I can stumble bum around at ground level, and prefer not to do that 20' in the air.:D
    Looks awesome. Cheers, Barrie.

Shine and dbrian66 like this.
  17. archetype

archetype Squier-holic

Cool!

dbrian66 likes this.
  18. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Yeah, I thought the standard warranty was 30 years, and I think it used to be. But I think this is the new standard. I didn’t buy anything fancy or buy extended warranties or anything. Just the mid grade shingle.

Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  19. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    That looks great. Like a new house. Our house is about the same age and the guys came today to replace a few gutters. We had the roof done in the spring. We got really lucky. A storm passed through and blew off shingles from most houses on the street. A local roofer got ambitious and helped us all with claims and, much to my surprise, our insurance company paid the lion's share cost of a new roof. Got lucky there. Especially on a twenty-year-old house.

$300 for a full power wash sounds good to me. I'm not sure I could get a quote like that around here for such a nice job.

Congratulations on the house. Hope you live long enough to need another roof!

dbrian66, Best1989 and Shine like this.
  20. RegularJim

RegularJim Squier-Nut

Dec 30, 2017
    Illiconsin, Wisinois
    I bought a cheap pressure washer from Amazon last year. Washed my deck, garage, and house. There's an attachment you can buy that looks like a creeper/dolly that shoots water straight up so you can wash the salt from under your car. I also hear you can use them for rugs. Probably best if you bring them outside first though.

dbrian66 and Shine like this.