Guitars assembled in China or Made in China

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by the_dude, May 14, 2021.

1. the_dude

the_dude Squier-Meister

Feb 17, 2021
    Japan
    The Laid Back was originally launched in 2003 and then discontinued. They re-launched the brand in 2017, but the current line up is much different than the original.

Paruwi likes this.
  2. the_dude

the_dude Squier-Meister

Feb 17, 2021
    Japan
    I have been taking a long look at the differences between my Cool Z burst and my Laid Back black beauty tonight and after closer inspection I do see some more attention to detail on the Cool Z than the Laid Back. Mostly in the finish, there are some areas (mainly around the binding) where the Cool Z is more 'detailed' (if that makes sense). The binding around the neck is a bit tidier as well.

With that said, I am talking micro details that do not affect the build per say. It is a well built guitar, regardless of where it was made.

Knowing the Japanese culture they are very geared towards the fine details of the products they produce, in most things they produce and not just guitars :cool:. Too bad some of their most sought after brands (Edwards, Burny, even Tokai) are being made outside Japan. Tokai Love Rocks are made here still, but those are only for the Japanese market, the ones made in China are for the international market.