Guitar Tuners

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by Cyberwiz64, Nov 24, 2021.

1. BobWithOneO

BobWithOneO Squier-Nut

Dec 3, 2020
    Djjd
    I have the Polytune version and it works great. Much, much better than any Snark I have owned. And the battery life has to be at least twice that of the Snark which has a terrible battery life and becomes shifty once the battery starts going low even before the display starts dimming.

Robb and Angry Possum like this.
  2. lost sailor

lost sailor Squier-Meister

Oct 7, 2013
    Wolf 359
    I have clip ons, floor tuners and my app for the phone is strobe tuner "pro" which works when I don't have a physical one with me.

Robb and Angry Possum like this.
  3. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychotic 6 String Collector

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    Robb likes this.
  4. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychotic 6 String Collector

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    The phone dial tone back in the 70's was almost A-440 I believe. We used that and a tuning fork or pitch pipe, we didn't have tuners. I'm showing my age, I'm almost 60 years old. :p:D

Robb and beagle like this.
  5. beagle

beagle Squier-holic

Nov 19, 2017
    Yorkshire
    Our dialling tone is Bflat buzz, but we didn't have a telephone when I was a kid, if we did I certainly wouldn't have be allowed to use it. :D

Robb likes this.
  6. BobWithOneO

BobWithOneO Squier-Nut

Dec 3, 2020
    Djjd
    I just ordered two of these in black. One for the toolbox, and one to keep with my acoustic in the case. Free shipping, you can't beat that.

The TC Electronic has LED lights in the display, and I believe the Snark is LCD. Maybe that is why the TC Electronic tuners seem to run much longer using the same cr2032 batteries.

bls8226 and Robb like this.
  7. duzie

duzie Squier-Nut

Jul 8, 2017
    Nw New Jersey
    upload_2021-11-25_8-46-15.gif

Robb, kdm1218 and beagle like this.
  8. beagle

beagle Squier-holic

Nov 19, 2017
    Yorkshire
    Robb and duzie like this.
  9. duzie

duzie Squier-Nut

Jul 8, 2017
    Nw New Jersey
    As you wish :D
    upload_2021-11-25_9-16-13.gif

beagle and Robb like this.
  10. the_dude

the_dude Squier-Meister

Feb 17, 2021
    Japan
    I sometimes use the Fender app with my iRig interface - seems to be accurate. But, I usually grab my little Korg PitchCrow-G when I need to do a quick tune. Both seem to agree with each other.

When setting intonation however, I use a series of harmonics, fretted notes and my ears. :cool:

Robb likes this.
  11. porkpie

porkpie Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2015
    Idaho
    I use an old Boss TU-12H.

Censport and Robb like this.
  12. Ladeeh

Ladeeh Squier-Meister

Sep 10, 2021
    Balkans
    Atm, I use a built-in tuner in Guitar Rig.

13. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    bls8226 likes this.
  14. Thin-Pick

Thin-Pick Squier Talker

Mar 22, 2021
    Tennessee
    Wow - nice price on the Unitune at Sweetwater. Thank you for the heads-up bis8226. I use a Snark ST-8 which I like, but even to my newbie ears a given string may sound very slightly off (or so I imagine) at times. I also notice the Snark stumbles to detect the note occasionally. I was not sure if this was the tuner or my clumsy newbie skill level. But the description and reviews on Sweetwater sold me on ordering a couple of these at a price a little less than the price I paid for the Snark. Today, 11/25, is the last day of this sale price at sweetwater. I'll be looking forward to trying it out. Thanks again bis8226.

Caddy and bls8226 like this.
  15. lost sailor

lost sailor Squier-Meister

Oct 7, 2013
    Wolf 359
    Back in the day at pac bell dial tone was a D, at least in San Francisco. I usually tuned to the record I was going to practice with.

Caddy likes this.
  16. yettoblaster

yettoblaster Squier Talker

Nov 18, 2021
    California
    Our dial tone was slightly south of F#

For intonation I used to use a ton of distortion and bell tones.

Snarks are close enough for me, but sometimes need trimming by ear afterwards.
    My ears ring at 5104hz

17. Eddd

Eddd Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    I’ve gone through 3 Snarks and my buddy had one also they are crap.I should have stopped at two.these are what I use now an Orange clip on from an Orange guitar and amp combo and this Korg.they are both exact with each other ,I use them in tandem when I do intonation an one or the other for basic tuning.Which ever is closest at the time image.jpg