Grote Thinline

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by techowiz, Aug 6, 2020.

1. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    strat_strummer likes this.
  2. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    techowiz and strat_strummer like this.
  3. Oldguitarguy

Oldguitarguy Squier-holic

Mar 2, 2019
    Nj
    You’re killing me. Green at 129 looks so sweet!

techowiz likes this.
  4. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Good looking guitar and I hope it far exceeds that "you get what you pay for" category. I need another guitar like a need a hole in the head but tempting as all get out. I hope she works out for you...

techowiz likes this.
  5. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Radiotech- thought about that for a minute or two- then pulled the trigger. Forced to go on a diet now! ;)

radiotech likes this.
  6. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Somebody else here is supposed to get his Grote thinline tomorrow (Friday)

Which finish did you order as I just clicked the link and two are shown for each of the finishes?

techowiz likes this.
  7. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    I ordered the Black one.

Best1989 likes this.
  8. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-holic

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    The Qty list will always show 2 max, if that's what you used to gauge the stock. The guitar has a purchase limit per customer, you can only buy 2. If you try to add more than that per color, Amazon will tell you "go back, scalper!" lol

techowiz likes this.
  9. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york

10. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Good to know. Thanks.

Best1989 likes this.
  11. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-holic

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    Let us know what you think of it once it arrives! I'm tempted by the purple one.

Ralph124C41 likes this.
  12. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I thought so. I should post this over at one of the Firefly forums because for months buyers have been pleading with Amazon to do something like that to prevent scalpers from buying them by the hundreds. I've read that Amazon won't do that.

Of course I guess you can buy as many as you like ... but only two at a time, right? I wonder if Amazon imposes any other restrictions.

Why with this Grote and not with the Firefly guitars ... bearing in mind that many buyers I know have asked for just such a restriction?

Oh, it was mkgearhead who ordered on on Sunday and in another post said he should be getting his tomorrow. As I said I'm also considering the Glarry Tele clone that has a thinline design and has a humbucker in the neck. They were supposed to be restocked today but now the estimate shows Aug. 10.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  13. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Only thing I can think of Ralph, is possibly limited supply for the Grote guitars (reason for the only "2" restriction)?

14. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Yes, that is what I was thinking. But my question was why did not Amazon impose a similar restriction on the sale of the Firefly guitars? Maybe the stock was bigger .... way bigger perhaps ... but the demand was also way bigger. And remember, this came about after many would-be buyers had begged Amazon to put such restrictions on it.

Of course it's hard to tell Amazon or Firefly to restrict sales on items if the money is out there. So maybe I'm answering my own question in a way but I still don't know why the restriction was put on these Grote guitars. I do think it's a good idea personally.

techowiz likes this.
  15. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-holic

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    It probably is a restriction put by the seller rather than Amazon. I guess the Firefly people don't care and just want to sell all the stock quickly.

16. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    That is probably a good point. It makes sense, too. Because Firefly guitars have been available first on Amazon, then through an eBay link then through a separate website, which seems to be getting all, or nearly all, of the newer Firefly offerings.

17. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    sorry

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020