Greg Bennett Samik Tele

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by DoctorBB, May 7, 2021.

1. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
    Anybody ever play one of these? For sale locally for $100 with gig bag. Looks nice. I’m sure the top is a photo, maybe a veneer.
    80F475C2-BE91-4AC7-9207-D9CDAB94A5C8.png E20D2284-7C15-4A17-8BDF-7C2A48AF2934.png 4711B7B2-EEB0-4CC1-8592-56B5BCC527B0.png

2. strat_strummer

strat_strummer John Silver Supporting Member

I've never played one but I would jump all over that for $100. I would even offer $75.

3. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    Yeah never heard of it but seems a good price for a flyer

4. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

I flipped a few - worth the $$

Hadronic Spin, mb doug and surf green like this.
  5. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Formula model is a solid built tele, good deal for the hunge. Bennett was one of the few who didn't copy the Fender headstock, but he should have. What a crime scene. Good thing is an F spec should drop right in.

6. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    For a hundred? I would buy it!!

7. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I like the Bennett headlocks. These are Samick made and usually that means they are solid. Has a Duncan Designed pickup and I would think you have nothing to lose for $100. It is pretty

8. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
    Sent message and there’s a previous sale pending. We’ll see.

9. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    A hunert sound like a smokin deal ! dang-dirt.jpg

10. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
    It’s mine if we can get together. The guy is 25 miles away but working nights this week. He’s supposed to call when we can get together. Fingers crossed.

11. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Squier Talker

Jan 1, 2020
    Ohio
    100% yes. I had a Bennett acoustic -- nice playing guitar that had some damage before I got it. I'd buy more if I could find them.

I like the headstock. Not as breakable as Gibson.

12. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Squier-Meister

Jan 28, 2020
    Shreveport, LA
    Pretty sure that's a maple veneer. I'd snatch that up QUICK for $100. I know how good my Samick-built Silvertones are so I'd have no problems buying that without even holding it as long as there weren't any huge physical defects. I actually like the headstock, too.

Personally, I'm not nearly as picky about that as a lot of people. I rarely ever look at my headstock so its shape is of little to no importance. I don't stand there and stare at it the whole time I play lol. I barely ever look at it. I honestly feel like some people are overly critical of headstocks for absolutely no reason.

I started to grab an Indio T-style that was open box for $100 last week but I passed on it. I've had my eye on another Indio model, though. They released a 335 copy that you can get in the std red, a classic burst in this color/blk, and a black flamed top. I'm just not sure if I'd go for the classic 335 red or the sweet black burst over flamed maple.

Edit: didn't realize the std burst 335-style Indio I mentioned above from Monoprice has a flamed maple top, too. I thought just the black burst had it.

Screenshot_20210511-190035_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    Kenneth Mountain and mb doug like this.
  13. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
    Supposed to meet at noon Saturday.

14. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
    Well, I got it this morning. Beautiful guitar, not a scratch on it, but pretty dirty. Seller said it’s been sitting in a bag for years. And it looks like it. Not much play wear, just a few pickguard scratches. Don’t know what to think of the lipstick pups. They sound good but it’s really strange to look down and see them there, especially 2 of them. Grover tuners, Duncan Designed bucker, 5 way switch. Full thickness string thru body and well dressed frets. Haven’t popped the hood yet to see if it’s a veneer top or photo. Gonna take her down to the last screw and clean her good. The back of the neck and headstock are gloss but the fretboard feels raw. Might do a test spot to see if it’s just matte and will polish up. Definitely gonna be a flipper. 3 pup Tele is not my style. Will just be looking to recoup my investment and time spent cleaning and setting up.

squierTony likes this.