Greetings from Canada eh!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BBQedIguana, May 8, 2020.

1. BBQedIguana

BBQedIguana Squier Talker

May 8, 2020
    Canada
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and new to Squier guitars. I just picked up my first one: a brand new black Squier Telecaster Bullet. I"m super excited - I just got it today and I've been playing it for hours.

Previous to it, I had a Sears-brand "Nova" strat clone. It served it's purpose but I think I'm finally at the point where I could use something better than a $90 guitar. The real kicker is I bought the Nova when I was 14. I'm 51 now! LOL!

So... when I'm 88 I can maybe buy a MiM Telecaster. So I've got plenty of time to enjoy the magic Bullet!

Cheers!

Rick

2. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

Welcome Rick! I have a Bullet Strat and a Bullet Tele, and I find them both to be very well made instruments. Enjoy yours and I'll be watching for photos and progress reports. :)

Eddd, Eddie, MI redneck and 1 other person like this.
  3. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
  4. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    Hi and welcome to Squier-Talk! Don't expect your buying habits to continue with membership here. I predict a half-dozen or more guitars by Christmas.

Davis Sharp, Barry, Eddd and 3 others like this.
  5. BBQedIguana

May 8, 2020
    Canada
    Hi Jim! Thanks!

I am actually very impressed with the quality of the Bullet Telecaster. It is really solid and well built - certainly much better than my old guitar! Mind you, that old guitar lasted me 37 years - and I'll maybe still hang on to it for sentimental reasons.

I've got some mods planned, so I'll be posting pictures as they come along.

Thanks!

Rick

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Eddie likes this.
  6. BBQedIguana

May 8, 2020
    Canada
    Thank you for the welcome! Increasing my purchases could be an issue... I am also an astronomer, so now I've got TWO potentially expensive hobbies! LOL!

Thanks!

Rick

7. MI redneck

MI redneck Squier-Meister

May 7, 2020
    MI
    Welcome and congratulations on your new tele!

Look for me with your other tele(scope), I plan on being a star. Ha! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'll just see myself out...

Viking, waynes world, Eddd and 2 others like this.
  8. BBQedIguana

May 8, 2020
    Canada
    Okay... I've been around the 'net a long time and I've belonged to a lot of forums... that greeting there? That needs to be in a hall of fame somewhere! Thanks!

Eddd and Eddie like this.
  9. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Eddd, Eddie, MI redneck and 1 other person like this.
  10. CVSteve

CVSteve Squier-Nut

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas
  11. BBQedIguana

May 8, 2020
    Canada
    Good day!

CVSteve likes this.
  12. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    Welcome to ST Rick ,Squier teles are really nice. I have 3 of my own plus an MIM.

BBQedIguana likes this.
  13. Guitar Cat

Guitar Cat Squier-Meister

Jul 29, 2018
    Spring Lake Hts, NJ
    Hey, Rick welcome. A Sears guitar? Holy cow! Yea, I had one too but I think it was called a Silvertone something??? Quality sure has come a long way. I bought a red Bullit Strat last year and I think it's one of the easiest guitars to play. Lightweight and comfortable And for the money, a real bargain.

Enjoy your new guitar and post some pics!

BBQedIguana likes this.
  14. Welcome to the crew at Squier Talk from a part of Canada that doesn't use the expression … "eh" and Starbucks and Serious Coffee is king.
    Regardless, we like them Squier guitars amigo.
    BBQed … got any grillin' pics along with some of your guitars? Hopefully no Iguana. :D

Cheers, Barrie.

15. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    Hello and welcome to ST!

BBQedIguana likes this.
  16. MI redneck

MI redneck Squier-Meister

May 7, 2020
    MI
    You are far too kind sir!

I'm new here too and just trying to break the ice with a little humor, Wich for me is only slightly better than my guitar playing. ;)

17. Barry

Barry Squier-Meister

Feb 5, 2020
    Eastleigh, UK
    Welcome Rick. Feel free to ignore the suggestion you may start buying more guitars - it leaves more for the rest us :D

Eddd and BBQedIguana like this.
  18. BBQedIguana

May 8, 2020
    Canada
    Starbucks, eh? I think I've had that once or twice before - it was decent. Of course, I'm a Tim Hortons guy being from central Ontario (sportsman's paradise!).

You guys don't use "eh" in the republic? What about hoser? I called my wife a hoser yesterday and she threw a honey cruller at me and told me to go soak my head!

My nick comes from a song called Mexican Radio by Wall of Voodoo...

"I wish I was in Tijuana eating barbecued iguana..."

And that's true especially today since I have have almost an inch of snow on my back deck.

Rick

MI redneck likes this.
  19. BBQedIguana

May 8, 2020
    Canada
    I am surprised with how good my Bullet is - a terrific value for the money to be sure. When all the "crazy" is over, I plan on going into my local music store and holding a full-price Telecaster (about $2800) just for fun! :)

I'll post some pics soon - I plan on cataloging my guitar's evolution. I guess I should name it. Something in regards to "black"....
    • Blackie
    • Still Not Black Enough
    • Bring On The Night
    Rick

20. BBQedIguana

May 8, 2020
    Canada
    You almost got me again! I just about did a spit take with my morning coffee...! LOL!

My playing is embarrassingly bad right now - especially given I was actually in a band in the '80's. However, I've been practicing pretty much every day since the "crazy times" arrived and it's starting to come back now. I was playing the first bit of Stairway To Heaven yesterday on the new Tele and i wasn't even looking at my fretting hand! Good stuff!

(PS: I only know the first 6 or so bars of Stairway - that is on purpose. I used to always play that when I went into a music store so I could bug the staff! LOL!)

MI redneck and gmt124 like this.