Greek Dynasonic Clones??

Discussion in 'Pickup Joint' started by Birddog144, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Birddog144

Birddog144 Banned for Life Double Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    I've always been fascinated with the original Dynasonics. I loved the jangle they had in an old Gretsch. While the physical design may appear a bit Rube Goldberg to the casual observer, the ability to dial-in each string's corresponding magnet has plenty of benefits. The problem is that finding a "real" Dynasonic is challenging at best in today's world without spending at least $200 or more per pickup.

Enter the Mr.20o0 from Gobojo Amplification in Greece. I put one of their humbucker-sized pickups in my single-pickup Stratocaster the other day, and I must say, I'm astounded. While the AlNiCo humbucker in the Strat sounded pretty good, it had no uniqueness. It was just another Les Paul Jr. with a longer scale. The Dynasonic changed the entire character of the guitar.

I've always preferred the sound of single coil pickups because they just seem to have more "personality" and definition without sounding muddy or muffled. No, they won't push the front end of your amp to virtual meltdown or do well in noisy electronic environments; such is the nature of the beast. Furthermore, I prefer Fender Blackface amps as well with all the "feel-it-in-your-chest" headroom and sparkling clarity they provide. Nothing against a Les Paul plugged a Plexi at volume 10, it's just my preference.

So has anybody else here tried these pickups? What do you think?

See: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=232992884372

2. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    How did I not know about the adjustable pole piece idea? That's vey interesting...

mb doug and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  3. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic Silver Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Western Oregon
    I’ve always thought the elevator pole pieces are a cool idea, if a bit of over engineering. I’ll say, I’m surprised they’re not a German design lol. I do love the sound of that good old jangle though.

4. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Do you have a picture of the strat you installed these into - Your creations are always outstanding !

mb doug likes this.
  5. Birddog144

Birddog144 Banned for Life Double Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    Sorry for the crappy photos. I'll take better ones later.

_MG_4904.JPG

_MG_4905.JPG

drewcp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  6. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Montana
  7. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN

Birddog144 likes this.