Gold Squier logo ID

Totally Squiered

Squier-Nut
Nov 21, 2012
Berlin
I'm trying to ID a Squier from an online ad.
Is it right that it is just the Classic Vibes that have a gold Squier logo, or was there another strat model that had it too?

Thumpster

Squier-Nut
Sep 24, 2014
UK
The KV and KC series Korean Squiers from 97/98 had a gold logo, in the format "Squier Stratocaster" with "by Fender" in small type underneath it. Serial number was on the back of the neck at the heel.

Some Affinities, and MIM Squiers also had them. Now I think about it, a lot of Squiers have/had gold logos.

Roccobagadonuts

Dr. Squier
Sep 8, 2010
Remulak
I thought so too. The tuners give it away right?

The tuners were just sort of an extra in making an ID when I looked at it. Headstock logo and a single string tree was 1st giveaway. Then the sunburst body with white pickguard and aged looking pup covers/knobs tells ya its a 50's model. The tuners are then just another check mark in the box to make the ID on top of the rest... Headstock logo is always the main giveaway tho...

SquierJesus

Squier-Meister
Oct 11, 2014
Fort Smith, AR
Gold logos don't really mean squat really.

The one you posted is a CV50, but....

Some Affinity models have gold logos as well....

ZqUzSvh.png

My Squier Standard FMT also has a gold logo....

69kYAnQ.jpg

So does my MIJ Squier E7

zzcOFh7.jpg

Neely47

Squier Talker
Jan 7, 2015
England [Leicester]
Dammit, I want a CV50 Strat...stat!
My Affinity project is basically trying to make it like that!
I added a parchment guard though.

Hope you snag this beauty!

Totally Squiered

Squier-Nut
Nov 21, 2012
Berlin
The one that got away.
As you may have guessed it was on eBay. Unfortunately my budget stopped at €150 and It seems I was bidding against someone else who had spotted the CV and I was outbid at €155.
So someone walked with a nice little deal on a CV 50. Just goes to show those deals are out there if you keep your eyes peeled.
Thanks for all your help guys.

Roccobagadonuts

Dr. Squier
Sep 8, 2010
Remulak
Just goes to show those deals are out there if you keep your eyes peeled. Thanks for all your help guys.

You should learn how to spot/ID 87' Koreans from even small fuzzy pics as they flooded Europe with those while we got a bunch of MIJ E7s over here. You guys have a lot of those being sold over there for peanuts quite often because of it...

Roccobagadonuts

Dr. Squier
Sep 8, 2010
Remulak
Most of them are gonna be E10s but some will be E7s as well. Same thing tho... Yea, easy giveaway is the roller trees. They only built them in so many colors so you wanna keep an eye out for those colors... Whenever ya see torino red, lake placid blue, black or arctic white on a strat check out the headstock and look for the roller trees. The headstock logo as well, silver Squier, black "Stratocaster" to the right of it and nothing near end of headstock... With the telecasters they built them in blonde, black and LPB so whenever ya see a tele in that color look for the roller trees and headstock logo style as well...

Latest posts