Going to refurbish a Peavey Rockmaster body.

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by gary mitchell, Aug 13, 2020.

1. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Nut

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    My grandson gave me an old peavey rock master guitar, it has been stripped , has just the neck and body and pickguared, I am thinking of buying a off brand neck, I found one looks like Fender Head Stock, Stainless steel frets for $60.00. The reason is because I am wanting to try my hand at lacing the body. Black with a Garnet color lace. But it only routed for a bridge humbucker and I don't mind it. But would would you suggest for the best blues sounding bridge pickup. I am thinking maybe a Dimarzo Paf, or a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gate or a 59. What would you suggest and it don't have to be a SD or Dimarzo. I was surprise it was a solid body.

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Seymour Duncan Seth Lover.....replicates the original PAF design 100%......alnico 2 magnets.....

gary mitchell and Deepblankspace like this.
  3. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Nut

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    I should have put this post in the pickup forum my bad

4. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Nut

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    fullsizeoutput_ce1.jpeg 117576822_620193478932899_4492240434190650893_o.jpg I have started it will take me a while, decided to paint it a Glitter Blast sparkling water., since its routed out for one pickup, I am going to use a SD Seth Lover, or one that is really close to it that maybe cheaper.

5. Michael7

Michael7 Dr. Squier

I'll be watching this thread. I have one of these with the built-in amp. I bought it because the neck was amazingly flamey. I planned to make it a travel guitar with a quickly removable neck, but that plan has been abandoned.

PeaveyRM5.jpg PeaveyRM6.jpg PeaveyRM2.jpg PeaveyRM3.jpg

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    radiotech and drewcp like this.
  6. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Nut

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    Remember when I told you I was going to refurbish the PV Rockmaster body. well here is and up date. I took the body out in the Garage and was getting ready to paint it. Well the can of unused paint had been sitting on a shelf in the garage for maybe 2 to 3 months. Anyway down here in Texas we have been having months of over a 100 degree weather. Sometimes it gets so hot here that when you get in the car , you have to use pot holders to drive. But back to the story I hung the body up on a piece of wire, I shaked the can of paint tell I heard the marble moved freely are for 3 or 4 minutes to make sure. I push the button down and it was like the can exploded. I couldn't stop it just huge blobs on the guitar and garage floor.. Then to top it off the wire broke and it fell about 4ft and hit the cement floor right on the edge cracking the body. I wished now I had took a picture, but I was so mad I took it right out and stuck in the trash and now its gone amen

7. Michael7

Michael7 Dr. Squier

Bummer, Dude!

gary mitchell likes this.