From Strats to Teles ???

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by Big George, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Shine

Shine Squier-Nut

Nov 29, 2016
    Rings of Saturn
    For a second there I thought you were talking about cuisine! Must be because I'm getting hungry grading. :D

2. Paul McDermitt

Paul McDermitt Squier Talker

Jan 19, 2011
    michigan
    I played strats for years until I started gigging regularly. Teles are, IMO, the ultimate do-it-all workhorse. They are reliable, stay in tune, cover a wide range of styles, and are lightweight. My main gigging guitar is an American Special tele 40th anni. It is completely stock except for steel saddles which brightened my tone some.

After covid canceled a lot of our gigs I am playing bass (elec and upright) and gigging in my jazz band more, but for playing around the house, I went right back to my strats. I think they're more expressive and more fun to play.

3. beagle

beagle Squier-Nut

Nov 19, 2017
    Yorkshire
    I've been playing Strats since the mid 70s, but I always owned other guitars too.

4. Ascari45

Ascari45 Squier Talker

Sep 4, 2020
    USA
    Really dig the video. I think the Strat is better looking and that wins most people. But I also feel the Tele is the better guitar. The one thing I would change about the Strat is more hard tails. I hate the trem (vintage or modern) and never use it. At that point it is just a negative.