Food

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Mr Bones, Mar 26, 2020.

1. SubSailer671 likes this.
  2. Mr Bones

Mr Bones Squier-holic

Oct 17, 2019
    Kansas Territory

3. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    20200619_173713.jpg 20200620_170542.jpg No explanation needed, oh the wife made some bread to go with it.

4. Rib steak. I don't eat beef too often anymore, but I do like a nice steak every now and then.
    Thing is, a steak this size will feed the wife and I with leftovers.

RibSteak.jpg

Cheers, Barrie.

Mr Bones and Loin Lover like this.
  5. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    Pork loin and a nice pork butt goin’ slow and low. (Insert Low rider song 8C80E4B1-7A6E-4A40-975B-4A442863A0B9.jpeg here)

6. Did a couple racks of pork back ribs.

Sept.Ribs.jpg

Cheers, Barrie.

Davis Sharp, Mr Bones and Loin Lover like this.
  7. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Wow!

8. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Lots of work will pay off this afternoon. Here is the meat used (local whitetail), grinding, and laid on dehydrator tray. Each of my dehydrators have four trays.

Yesterday I marinated three batches, each with slightly different flavoring. I still have about 15 pounds to grind and marinate today. I'm gonna take the morning off tomorrow. ;-)

Attached Files:

9. That's dedication right there! Cheers, Barrie.

Loin Lover likes this.
  10. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Tim Farmer and wife have a Saturday evening cooking / growing / eating / outdoorsie kind of show on our local PBS. They do lots of cast iron cooking and baking with charcoal. Anyway, he posted this to his FB page. There are hundreds of recipes on his website, lots of cool and old timey desserts. https://www.timfarmerscountrykitchen.com/

a dash measuring.jpg

Mr Bones and Las Palmas Norte like this.
  11. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Don't know HOW I missed this post, lol... Dammit, @Mr Bones, that pork butt looks AMAZING! I'm normally not a big pork fan, but I LOVE barbeque, and recently I talked Mrs. Tap into trying a pork loin... I found an AMAZING recipe online and I'll bet we've made it 4 times in 3 months... And as it turns out, the rub from the recipe works on chicken too! Hell, I bet it's work on just about anything, lol!

Mr Bones likes this.
  12. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    The first tray of final product. I will attach the pic of that tray prior to drying for comparison.

Homemade jerky is a funny thing: It is great trade bait, a great gift, great prepper protein, is great to be generous with -- to a point. After offering to folks I have cringed when they grab a handful, not the intended strip or two. As you can see it is a labor of love.

jerky done Sep 2020.jpg

Attached Files:

13. At that point, I do believe you have the right to smack 'em upside the head. :D
    Cheers, Barrie.

Mr Bones and Loin Lover like this.
  14. Mr Bones and Davis Sharp like this.
  15. Mr Bones

Mr Bones Squier-holic

Oct 17, 2019
    Kansas Territory
    Super Cool Cast Iron, Brother!
    I gots me th Favourite / Piqua #8 that my Gma give to my Ma, when she got married th first time, back long about 1952... it's my Prize CI possession, although I gots me a whole buncha others; (I collect/use): Wagners, Griswolds, Erie, BSR, some unmarked, lotsa older 1800's gatemark stuff, some modern newer stuff like Fields, Stargazer, etc. Natch, I have a *****-ton of Lodge stuff, from way back when, to relatively recent...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  16. Mr Bones

Mr Bones Squier-holic

Oct 17, 2019
    Kansas Territory
    Oh, Hail Yeah, Brother!
    Very nicely done, an then some; makin me miss livin in Sicily!!!!

17. Mr Bones

Mr Bones Squier-holic

Oct 17, 2019
    Kansas Territory
    What's up with that rub? It looks Krazy Good, amigo!!! I'd love to hear more on th subject, if yer so inclined as to share yer secrets ;)

18. Mr Bones

Mr Bones Squier-holic

Oct 17, 2019
    Kansas Territory
    C'mon over, bring some Guinness, or either some Good Bourbon...
    I gots th BBQ, sides, an Squiers covered, to make ya feel welcome, an to Home... :)

Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  19. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    My rubs really just depends on what I have in the cupboard. I usually start with seasoned salt then add garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and Slap yo momma. Those mixed together do really well. I’m gonna put another pork butt and a brisket on the smoker in the morning.

Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  20. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    Got the smoker fired up and the meat put on. 4997B3C4-1E0A-4D79-85E7-3CF391FE25EE.jpeg 0EE0E04C-A5CB-4AE7-9457-C3C82A463856.jpeg