First time kit build.....any tips? Kidding!

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Twostratsfornow, Nov 21, 2020.

1. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    It depends on what you are building. Some of the “affordable” kits are not very good. If your building a Strat, I have found I’m better off buying a used Squier SE and using that. It has a better body and neck than the kits and the rest of the stuff in the kit I replace anyways. (Tuners, electronics, etc...) And I have always been able to find them for less money than the kits. I have never bought one of the more expensive kits, so I can’t comment on those.

Here is one of my “builds”

26256F64-D6E9-482B-A469-9F0C4DB1ACA8.jpeg 2C09FA7B-9B34-4E08-907A-F91B90CC1CD3.jpeg 19FE43D2-6795-4240-BCFA-7975B5968A2A.jpeg

And here is a slide show of the first SE I ever stripped down and rebuilt.

2. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Guy Who Likes to Play Guitar Silver Supporting Member

One of those strange things in life... a decent complete guitar is less expensive than box of unfinished guitar parts.

3. Twostratsfornow

Twostratsfornow Squier-Meister

Nov 14, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    Guys......thanks for the replies, but I’m kidding. The thread title is just a set up for the cartoon.
    Good info though @dbrian66 , I’m going to have some extra free time starting next summer and actually might give building/modding a whirl.
    I’ve changed the thread title so as not to further inconvenience anyone with intent to help me, unnecessarily. Cheers.

4. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Funny I ordered some kindling wood for the fireplace and inside was a guitar! ;)

5. Birddog144

Birddog144 Squier-holic Double Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
  6. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Guy Who Likes to Play Guitar Silver Supporting Member

No problem... I knew your intent. It's just one of those posts that leads to a discussion, whether you meant it to or not. :)

Twostratsfornow likes this.