First snow

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Blues256, Nov 30, 2020.

1. strat_strummer

strat_strummer John Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Very cool. I mentioned before I only shoot .22 caliber rifles. My favorite is my .220 Swift , amazing fast.

2. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow
    Nope, nothing here in Scotland as yet, night temps have dropped though to about -2 leaving a bit of groundfrost, someone did mention snow was forecast for this coming week but thats probably up in the highlands..

Kenneth Mountain and mb doug like this.
  3. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Squier-Meister

it rained like the dickens here today, looks like it has finally petered out. Going to be blustery the next couple days with increased coldness before warming up by the weekend.

we already had our first snow that actually covered the roads, then a week later it was almost 80 degrees.

ground here is still warm, we haven't had enough consecutive cold days and nights for it to be frozen yet. It's coming but dragging its feet. Which means we'll probably still be having winter in April into May.

Just checked my phone. At 2 minutes before December starts, it's 63 degrees (17 °C)

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  4. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    We had huge flake flurries most of the evening yesterday. It started sticking just after dark. Here is the "big dead oak" I've mentioned in the past. I established an aptly named food plot nearby this year.

dead oak snow sunrise Dec 1 2020.jpg

5. Birddog144

Birddog144 Squier-holic Double Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    Here in my part of the country, this time of year means long pants, put the sandals away, and occasionally wear a sweatshirt. :rolleyes:

6. Blues256

Blues256 Squier-Meister

Apr 3, 2020
    Poland
    Weather is crazy here, we had really sunny first december. I hope it wont get too windy. Now it rains during the night

7. strat_strummer

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Cold and sunny the next few days but it makes for some awesome coyote huntin..

Blues256 likes this.
  8. Ray Stankewitz

Ray Stankewitz Squier-Nut Platinum Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2014
    Central Indiana
    We received an inch or two of snow here in central Indiana. It's been cold so it's still on the ground/roofs/vehicles right now. current temp is 25°F. Been cold all day, more snow if forecast for later this week.

Loin Lover and Blues256 like this.
  9. sqrat51

sqrat51 Squier Talker

Aug 26, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    No snow here yet, and might get a light flurry sometimes this winter. Normal for Las Vegas!

Blues256 likes this.
  10. ScoobySnacker

ScoobySnacker Squier-Nut

Dec 4, 2018
    Never-reach, NY
    Woke up this morning to the first accumulation of the season 20201202_084238.jpg
    With highs forecast in the 40s, it'll be gone by afternoon.
    As long as I don't have to shovel, I don't mind snow.

11. Blues256

Blues256 Squier-Meister

Apr 3, 2020
    Poland
    Lots of snow as for today

Attached Files:

Loin Lover and RoyalWe like this.
  12. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic Silver Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Western Oregon
    Nothing here, hardly a frost really. I was just out playing a round of golf yesterday, it was sunny and mid-40’s.

Blues256 likes this.
  13. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Squier-Meister

Looks like we're getting a Nor'easter this weekend. Went from little to no accumulation two days ago to 3-6 inches in the last 24 hours, now they're saying 6 inches or more.

Blues256 likes this.
  14. strat_strummer

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Nothing but cold here in Idaho.

Blues256 likes this.
  15. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago now Sarasota
    Last January me and my oldest moved from Chicago to Sarasota Florida. My wife and younger followed up in June. After 52 years the cold, snow, and all related to the area became too much. Too much worry for my wife with replaced knees to slip and fall, to have a 100’ driveway clear for emergencies if we had to get out, getting up at 4am to clear snow, get ready for work and get to work by 8 am and come home clear it again and bed right away to be up at 4. Not to mention the many accidents where people are hurt or at the least... they lose their car leading to losing a job and it goes from there.

I really don’t miss it. Nice to look at, maybe see it once in awhile but I’m good.

Blues256 likes this.
  16. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Nut

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    Isn’t that the norm.

17. beagle

beagle Squier-holic

Nov 19, 2017
    Yorkshire
    We got our first snow last night, it's been snowing again this morning. Raining at the moment.

strat_strummer likes this.
  18. strat_strummer

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Boat_Dock_Water_Level_2069.png Still nothing but cold and no snow forecasted.
    On a normal year Brownlee Reservoir (my home away from home) is well below 2,020ft this time of year preparing for spring runoff. As you can see by the chart, I would say they aren't expecting too much of a runoff. I love it when the reservoir is full but this makes me a bit nervous.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020