Finally in my new house

Ray Stankewitz

Jammin' in my Music Room
Platinum Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2014
Central Indiana
I won't have much of a view in the basement :D but it'll be much bigger than any space I've had before, larger than my bedroom at the old family house without all the bedroom furniture.

I've already got one 4x12 cab, ready for a head or combo and I'm looking for a bass rig with some huevos. I'm looking at old Kustom tuck and roll cabs and they're around. They should be as many many of the local bands back in the day had them in lieu of the more expensive Marshall that everybody really wanted :D I also want some 2x12 cabs for my Princeton combos.
Want bass huevos? Find a Music Man HD 130 bass amp (non reverb, tube phase inverter) amp. I have 2 each 1x15 Fender cabs, can't really play above "2" in my music room due to the volume. Good Old Class D tube amplification.

DrBeGood

Dr. Squier
Dec 9, 2014
QC, CANADA
Grats on the new house and freedom from apartment life :cool:
Ah ! But there's a price to pay. A house is a full time pastime. But well worth the effort.
Great that you found one you could afford. Cherish it.
We moved from our house of 30some years in Illinois to Florida at the start of 2020. My daughter does not do well with cold gloomy weather 10 months and really needed the change. We love the weather here, the flora and fauna, the humanity not so much.
... cold gloomy weather 10 months ... Illinois ? Come on ...

I'll take inclement seasonal weather anytime ... and again ... over a year round bad neighborhood. I love the change of seasons. I'd be bored to death in a 12 month ground hog day weather.

so1om

Squier-Axpert
Ah ! But there's a price to pay. A house is a full time pastime. But well worth the effort.

I'll take inclement seasonal weather anytime ... and again ... over a year round bad neighborhood. I love the change of seasons. I'd be bored to death in a 12 month ground hog day weather.
Yes, that Illinois has cold crappy weather for up to 10 months of the year. Obv the weather has no impact on your day to day life. But for a great majority, it does both mentally and physically and even financially.

DrBeGood

Dr. Squier
Dec 9, 2014
QC, CANADA
Yes, that Illinois has cold crappy weather for up to 10 months of the year. Obv the weather has no impact on your day to day life. But for a great majority, it does both mentally and physically and even financially.
Bad neighborhood would impact far more my mental and physical health and eventually my finances, because I would have to consult. The "great majority" you mention is surely relative to the hood you live in.

I remember a 70 year old lady coming in from the cold rain when I had my small art gallery in the Magdalen Islands. Everyone inside was complaining about the weather. Her comment to them: there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.

But ... your mileage may vary.

so1om

Squier-Axpert
Bad neighborhood would impact far more my mental and physical health and eventually my finances, because I would have to consult. The "great majority" you mention is surely relative to the hood you live in.

I remember a 70 year old lady coming in from the cold rain when I had my small art gallery in the Magdalen Islands. Everyone inside was complaining about the weather. Her comment to them: there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.

But ... your mileage may vary.
Post in thread '50 degrees in Illiconsin today.'
https://www.squier-talk.com/threads/50-degrees-in-illiconsin-today.191185/post-1162171

Ray Stankewitz

Jammin' in my Music Room
Platinum Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2014
Central Indiana
We hit 65° today in Central Indiana - and wet, rain, wind. Too sloppy outside to go do something in the garage.

I'm building a work bench for my music room, been working on it since late last spring. Summer heat stopped all progress, then fall rain continued it, then cold stinking winter days finished last year off. This year, been hoping for some good weather but we have thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow. Yay Me!!

In a warped, twisted sort of way, I miss California . . . Not going back there, ever again but that Bay Area weather was nice . . .

And I agree with the old lady; it's not bad weather, it's bad clothing.

BTW, the "degree" symbol is alt+0176
There's your useless trivia for the day.

so1om

Squier-Axpert
We hit 65° today in Central Indiana - and wet, rain, wind. Too sloppy outside to go do something in the garage.

I'm building a work bench for my music room, been working on it since late last spring. Summer heat stopped all progress, then fall rain continued it, then cold stinking winter days finished last year off. This year, been hoping for some good weather but we have thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow. Yay Me!!

In a warped, twisted sort of way, I miss California . . . Not going back there, ever again but that Bay Area weather was nice . . .

And I agree with the old lady; it's not bad weather, it's bad clothing.

There's your useless trivia for the day.
Thanks, but I’ll still take the weather over clothing. Being able to get in your car without heavy coat, gloves, hat, boots; being comfortable, able to move without condensation on the windows; no slipping or falling…. Yeah right. Clothes… if you can afford nice durable things too.

What was wrong during the summer heat? Maybe you were just wearing the wrong clothes? Lol

Hal Nico

Squier-Nut
Dec 21, 2020
UK

I'm in the UK. I'm sure you've heard the old saying, " Four seasons in a day" well where I live it can be in an Hour < BFG> :D
026.gif

DrBeGood

Dr. Squier
Dec 9, 2014
QC, CANADA
Hmm ... Alt 248 for on Windows = °

What was wrong during the summer heat? Maybe you were just wearing the wrong clothes? Lol
With cold, you can always add a layer. With heat, it comes to a point there's none to take off anymore. I remember the beach in Costa Rica with 50° under the trees. You had to make a dash to the water or you'd scald your feet on the scorching sand.

BluesForDan

Squier-Nut
Nov 27, 2015
grrrrrr-ranite state!!
degree symbol on Mac is shift+option+8, although there's usually more than one way to do it

supposed to hit 70°F here (21°C). I love hot weather, I live for summer ... so WTF am I in NH? Eh, yeah, I probably wouldn't want >85°F (30°C) all the time, but I wouldn't mind a solid 3 months of it. Most years we're lucky if we get 6 weeks of continuous hot weather. But it comes at a price, we're not dry heat here. Granted, it is not the "somebody threw a hot wet blanket on me" that it is down South. I remember my first trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. I stopped somewhere near the NC/SC border, off the interstate. Bank thermometer said 89°F, at 11:45 PM. I had been in my car for almost 6 hours, and got out. That's when I had my "hot wet blanket" moment. The sun down there is a totally different beast as well, bought my first boonie hat at an Army Navy surplus to save my head. Finally retired it after 30 years.

SonnieBacklund

Apr 10, 2022
US
I felt just like this when I bought my first home and got to express all of my creativity in its design. This company helped me https://www.boutiquehomeplans.com/. I bought the house unfinished, and these guys helped with the design, furniture, decorations, etc. If you want to get your home designed, please call them! I don't think that any other company could have given me the Mediterranean heaven I get to live in. I don't recall exactly, but we paid five thousand for the whole project. Their service was like a God-given gift.
I get how excited you are!

PatricD

Squier Talker
Feb 25, 2022
New York
I know you have already moved, but I would like to give some advice to those who have yet to do so. Believe me, I have moved a huge number of times. Start packing in advance, and don't wait for moving day!

PatricD

Squier Talker
Feb 25, 2022
New York
I know you have already moved, but I would like to give some advice to those who have yet to do so. Believe me, I have moved a huge number of times. Start packing in advance, and don't wait for moving day! This will save you from chaos and panic and allow you to pack carefully. To move the possessions of a standard one-room apartment, start packing 6-7 days before the move date. When doing an audit, you are sure to find many unnecessary things. Don't forget that moving is a great way to get rid of junk! Throw it out, and give it away to people in need. It will make moving faster and easier. Especially since a new place requires special home staging san francisco

Latest posts