Finally in my new house

BluesForDan

Squier-Nut
Nov 27, 2015
grrrrrr-ranite state!!
Last week, on 4 days notice, we packed and moved into our new house. It should have been 5 days but the moving company did not have our desired day open. Rather than try to find another mover, we went with the earlier date.

Other than the kitchen table not surviving a second move (stupid MDF material should not be used for furniture), it went fairly well. I walked 5.7 miles on Friday alone, walking back and forth from our hundred plus yard long hallway between the apartment and parking lot door.

While the rooms I have are much smaller than what I'm accustomed to, and the house being a 1958 ranch built and modified by inebriated locals, it is still a single family home and I'm not sharing it with 1000 other residents. It is so nice not to be hearing neighbors upstairs and on either side through the walls.

My Princeton Reverb is in its box out in the garage. I'm trying to make myself finish unpacking the kitchen before I reward myself. However, I had to glue one of the kitchen drawers together today and it takes 24 hours to dry. I'm not waiting that long for my amp, lol.

The cat is taking this move far better than when we moved into the apartment. He likes all the windows to look out and we're back down to ground level where you can see the chipmunks, bunnies, squirrels and birds rummaging in the lawn. Today we witnessed the harsh side of nature as robins were rumbling and fighting over the nest that was built on our flower box window. I believe the original owners prevailed. This happened right in front of our sliders off the kitchen and the cat was enthralled, as were we.

BluesForDan

Squier-Nut
Nov 27, 2015
grrrrrr-ranite state!!
Congratulations! Could you please tell us about your home-buying experience? I now live in an apartment and want to purchase a new home since I grew up on a farm and find living in an apartment rather unpleasant. However, the issue is that I'm not sure where to begin. Someone suggested that I contact a real estate agency and survey company, such as https://www.sjonessurveying.co.uk/newcastle-surveyors/, for assistance with this procedure. It would help me. I really appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks in advance!
we had an advantage in that we had a great agent. Her husband went to school with my brother. She is local to our area, where we grew up and lived in most of our lives. When my mom went into a nursing home, we had to sell our family home of 55 years (in 2020, the pandemic shutdown happened 5 weeks after we moved into the apartment). At the time, no showings were happening, then they worked out sanitation protocols etc. She had ideas, but we didn't want to spend the money at first. When we got almost no nibbles or lowball offers, we relented and made changes. Finally the house sold after 6 months. It looked great, I hated to sell it.

Ask your friends and family who have bought or sold a house recently. Ask colleagues at work. Word of mouth is huge, Huge, HUGE in real estate. I see you're listed as Germany for location and you gave a UK survey company as an example. Are you looking to move to another country? How do real estate agents work in EU? Are the listings open borders ie not restricted to just the country the agent works/resides in? It is well worth your time to do research, as you are making a considerable commitment.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Ray Stankewitz

Jammin' in my Music Room
Platinum Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2014
Central Indiana
we had an advantage in that we had a great agent. Her husband went to school with my brother. She is local to our area, where we grew up and lived in most of our lives. When my mom went into a nursing home, we had to sell our family home of 55 years (in 2020, the pandemic shutdown happened 5 weeks after we moved into the apartment). At the time, no showings were happening, then they worked out sanitation protocols etc. She had ideas, but we didn't want to spend the money at first. When we got almost no nibbles or lowball offers, we relented and made changes. Finally the house sold after 6 months. It looked great, I hated to sell it.

Ask your friends and family who have bought or sold a house recently. Ask colleagues at work. Word of mouth is huge, Huge, HUGE in real estate. I see you're listed as Germany for location and you gave a UK survey company as an example. Are you looking to move to another country? How do real estate agents work in EU? Are the listings open borders ie not restricted to just the country the agent works/resides in? It is well worth your time to do research, as you are making a considerable commitment.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.
Hate to tell you, Oreganus was a Search Engine Optimization post. Sad, these SEO ****ers do nothing all day except spam forums that don't require confirmation emails to sign up and post. I'm sure I kicked this d00d off of a forum that I admin. His IP was a huge spam sourch according to stopforumspam.com This is a practice called "Spamdexing" by black hat SEO 'tards.

BluesForDan

Squier-Nut
Nov 27, 2015
grrrrrr-ranite state!!
Hate to tell you, Oreganus was a Search Engine Optimization post. Sad, these SEO ****ers do nothing all day except spam forums that don't require confirmation emails to sign up and post. I'm sure I kicked this d00d off of a forum that I admin. His IP was a huge spam sourch according to stopforumspam.com This is a practice called "Spamdexing" by black hat SEO 'tards.

well, knock me down and call me Sally. I saw the Germany location and a UK link (which I did not click). Hey, Euros, you never can tell. Well, maybe he's really renting in Deutschland and wants to move to the UK, is what I thought. Sigh. And I thought I was helping somebody out. spammers suck.

so1om

Squier-Axpert
We moved from our house of 30some years in Illinois to Florida at the start of 2020. My daughter does not do well with cold gloomy weather 10 months and really needed the change. We love the weather here, the flora and fauna, the humanity not so much.

We moved from essentially 4 adults in 900 sq ft to 2,300. I finally have a place all my own in the house to leave a guitar out and have a view conducive to creativity.

BluesForDan

Squier-Nut
Nov 27, 2015
grrrrrr-ranite state!!
I won't have much of a view in the basement :D but it'll be much bigger than any space I've had before, larger than my bedroom at the old family house without all the bedroom furniture.

I've already got one 4x12 cab, ready for a head or combo and I'm looking for a bass rig with some huevos. I'm looking at old Kustom tuck and roll cabs and they're around. They should be as many many of the local bands back in the day had them in lieu of the more expensive Marshall that everybody really wanted :D I also want some 2x12 cabs for my Princeton combos.