Fender Player Series Teles & Strats, Lake Placid Blue, $519

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Spazzmaster, Dec 9, 2020.

1. 65refinyellow

65refinyellow Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2015
    norcal
    To align on neck and pickup it’s more involved and here obviously involves new nut being installed.

it will take hours not 30 seconds

2. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Squier-Nut

Feb 25, 2017
    Rhode Island USA
    The pole to string spacing is perfectly acceptable. The neck needs a tweak to center the strings....about 30 seconds

3. T-Rey

T-Rey Squier-Meister

Nov 11, 2020
    Maconga
    Yes they lined up just fine but there are some bubbles in the plastic so it's not perfect. Not enough to bother me these days but it would definitely have bothered my former perfectionist self! Lol! I bought it on eBay.

Chimey likes this.
  4. Chimey

Chimey Squier Talker

May 5, 2015
    USA
    Ok, thanks. Are you sure the bubbles in the plastic isn't a protective clear plastic covering that can be peeled off? Carefully. :) Sometimes there's two.

emitex and Bob the builder like this.
  5. T-Rey

T-Rey Squier-Meister

Nov 11, 2020
    Maconga
    Unfortunately no. They are definitely in the plastic itself

Chimey likes this.
  6. T-Rey

T-Rey Squier-Meister

Nov 11, 2020
    Maconga
    IMG_20210715_180333060.jpg Nevermind. There was a second plastic film. Buy it. Dur dur dur!

7. T-Rey

T-Rey Squier-Meister

Nov 11, 2020
    Maconga
    Help me, help you, help me..

Chimey likes this.
  8. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-holic

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    I’ve done the same thing so you’re not alone. :)

9. Chimey

Chimey Squier Talker

May 5, 2015
    USA
    Ha, yes! :D Sweet, now that thing will look even nicer! Yeah, I was surprised when I...ahem....eventually found a second layer on some stuff too. I think it was the cheapest stuff too - which seems to be packed and protected the best these days.

T-Rey likes this.
  10. 65refinyellow

65refinyellow Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2015
    norcal
    It looked so far off in the photo but on any curved radius it’s hard to tell. I guess it looks like the neck should be loosened and moved a bit to center it. The CBS era guitars of old sometimes had gigantic, ill fitting neck pockets and they shifted all the time.

Bob the builder likes this.
  11. T-Rey

T-Rey Squier-Meister

Nov 11, 2020
    Maconga
    I was not able to peel that layer of plastic at all from the edges. I even put a hair dryer to it and it wouldn't peel. I had to pick at one of the bubbles that were near the edge for about 5 minutes to get it to peel.

Caddy, Bob the builder and Chimey like this.
  12. Gip111

Gip111 Squier-Meister

Dec 10, 2014
    nj
    Hey guys, how is Adorama to deal with? Are they reputable? Never dealt with them and I keep seeing the ad, want to make the jump. What is the neck width at the nut on these? The player series I saw had sort of a narrowish neck at the nut.

13. T-Rey

T-Rey Squier-Meister

Nov 11, 2020
    Maconga
  14. T-Rey

T-Rey Squier-Meister

Nov 11, 2020
    Maconga
    They were fine to deal with for me by the way. Received an unopened guitar in a factory box doubled in an Adorama box. Free shipping was super quick. Don't pay extra for faster shipping if you decide to order from them. I wouldn't hesitate to to order from them again.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021 at 11:02 PM
    Exhead, Caddy and Hadronic Spin like this.
  15. Hadronic Spin

Hadronic Spin J Squier, Esquier Gold Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2021
    Los Angeles
    I have been a customer of Adorama for over 15 years, not one single problem.

My Adorama purchased LPB Player Strat has a 42.05 mm nut, and weighs 7 lbs. 8 oz.

J

T-Rey likes this.
  16. ZENITH59

ZENITH59 Squier-Meister

Jul 11, 2021
    UK
  17. Gip111

Gip111 Squier-Meister

Dec 10, 2014
    nj

18. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    I bought a new 2018 MIM Fender plus top aged cherry burst Tele from Adorama in January of 2019. They closing them out as the Players series was just coming out. Paid $450, shipped free (and quickly), well packed and double boxed. They were great to deal with. They also offer some great deals at times, like the ones in the OP.

I also have a Players series Strat, plus top in the same aged cherry burst with maple as the Tele. Great guitar and all the Strat I will ever need. Also really like the stock pickups in the Strat.

Hadronic Spin likes this.
  19. Gip111

Gip111 Squier-Meister

Dec 10, 2014
    nj
    Awesome, appreciate the pic but I think I waited a day too long. The sale is still going on for the Strat.