Fender 3250L bullets worked for me. Well 1st time anyway.

mwmeci

Squier-Nut
Jun 28, 2015
Minneapolis
First off I've read every post on the internet about getting tremolo's to stay in tune. Most point to the nut.
All my trem guitars go sharp about one delineation on a snark tuner only on the unwound strings.. So I bought some bullet's and lubed the bullet and about 4" of the string when installing. I've only done one so far so and the strings come back in tune. I only use the trem lightly, no dive bombs. So I ordered a 3 pack of Bullet lights. I've got 7 more guitars to do. We'll if it works on the next one I try.

Attachments

• 1saddles.jpg
    1saddles.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 10
  • Brown Guard.jpg
    Brown Guard.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 10

Michael7

Dr. Squier
Jan 12, 2010
Virginia Beach, VA USA
Glad to hear that. Thanks for your observations.

I always have liked the idea of the bullet string ends, since they make more contact with the metal of the bridge or trem block than than the metal o-ring does. But I can't say that when I've tried them, I can hear a difference, even on wraparound bridges, which I think transfer body and string vibrations more effectively than other designs. But even if the bullet ends help only with the trem returning to tune more readily, this alone is enough justification for trying them again. I do wish the Bullets were a bit cheaper, have you found a price deal on these?

mwmeci

Squier-Nut
Jun 28, 2015
Minneapolis
$20.99 for the 3 pack on ebay, free shipping. All others were more but in general all strings are more now. Used to be $3.50 or so a set for Daddario.

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Double Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
Glad to hear that. Thanks for your observations.

I always have liked the idea of the bullet string ends, since they make more contact with the metal of the bridge or trem block than than the metal o-ring does. But I can't say that when I've tried them, I can hear a difference, even on wraparound bridges, which I think transfer body and string vibrations more effectively than other designs. But even if the bullet ends help only with the trem returning to tune more readily, this alone is enough justification for trying them again. I do wish the Bullets were a bit cheaper, have you found a price deal on these?
They would look ugly on a Wraparound or Top Load Bridge. They were meant to be "Hidden" in your Block!:cool:

Michael7

Dr. Squier
Jan 12, 2010
Virginia Beach, VA USA
They would look ugly on a Wraparound or Top Load Bridge. They were meant to be "Hidden" in your Block!:cool:

I guess we each have our own ideas of beauty. I prefer this look on my Epi Junior compared to the color coded ring-ended strings of D'Addarios, which are my normal go to strings. I think the color coded ends look like they are intended for kids or those who couldn't otherwise figure out which diameter string goes where.

1659008652753.png

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Double Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
I guess we each have our own ideas of beauty. I prefer this look on my Epi Junior compared to the color coded ring-ended strings of D'Addarios, which are my normal go to strings. I think the color coded ends look like they are intended for kids or those who couldn't otherwise figure out which diameter string goes where.

View attachment 238776
I have to Eat my Words! Not too ugly!

mwmeci

Squier-Nut
Jun 28, 2015
Minneapolis
2 for 3. I did these 2 guitars with Bullets and they're staying in tune. My wound strings seem to stay in tune with ball end strings, it's only the unwound ones that go sharp. I only have 5 more to do but I think I'll just enjoy these for now. 20220731_104621.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts