Fans of Peavey T-60's...

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by grizzlewulf, May 14, 2021.

1. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    I found your heaven

Robb, jnz84, -r3- and 3 others like this.
  2. fadetoz

fadetoz Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    T-60 is a great guitar but way too heavy for me to have as a daily player. I was blown away when I tried on though.

3. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic Silver Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Western Oregon
    I love me some old peavey gear, but...Why do they need 4 guitarist?! I do think it’s kinda funny that the peavey T series instruments are so closely associated with country player, because IMO they really don’t look the part. All those knobs and switches and big hardware parts, they look more like hard rock axes when they’re painted. Maybe it’s just the natural ash that gives it the rustic down-home look?

mb doug and grizzlewulf like this.
  4. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    Jerry's band after playing those heavy guitars every night
    qkzt8brtpq351.jpg

5. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    4 guitarists is crazy. 4 playing the exact same guitar is even crazier. All playing that same kinda oddball model is just amazing to me.

For real though, I dig that country guys of that era were into these guitars, for a genre that's dominated by Teles and Strats most of the time. Kinda like a place where the country guys and the hard rockers found common ground.

jnz84, BlueSquirrel and mb doug like this.
  6. wildelectric

wildelectric Squier-Nut

Sep 23, 2016
    Western Illinois
    Johnny Copeland had a Peavey sponsorship in the early 80s and played a T-60 with great results.

I acquired one shortly after watching his performances and learned what all the fuss was about, then sold it after thinking, "If I'm going to play something with this weight, I'll just get a Les-style guitar..."

7. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    Also shouts to this super funkified version of Amos Moses. They coulda broke into Papa Was A Rolling Stone without a hitch

BlueSquirrel and mb doug like this.
  8. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Squier-Nut

I've had mine since they were introduced. The idea of tone circuitry that lets you go from HB to single coil with just the tone knob is still unique in the industry. I have never had to take the pickguard off, thankfully, because I think I counted 23 sceews holding it on.

Robb, jnz84, -r3- and 4 others like this.
  9. BlueSquirrel

BlueSquirrel Squier-holic Silver Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2018
    France
    They look beautiful anyway.

mb doug, Robb and grizzlewulf like this.
  10. Zipslack

Zipslack Squier Talker

Jan 7, 2018
    Brookhaven, MS, USA
    Don't take it off unless you absolutely have to! The material tends to warp over time. The screw are helping to keep it straight. If you take it off, the stress relief could cause it to deform and make it very hard to get the holes lined up again without cracking.

mb doug and grizzlewulf like this.
  11. jnz84

jnz84 Squier Talker

Feb 14, 2020
    New Zealand
    Man I love this song and didn't even notice them T60, thanks!

grizzlewulf, mb doug and Robb like this.
  12. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
    The tones on my T60 are unreal, it's the only guitar I have that Really does it all !

grizzlewulf and mb doug like this.