Enough today!!!

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by 66musicmaster, Jan 27, 2021.

1. 66musicmaster

66musicmaster Squier-Meister

Dec 14, 2009
    Mount Airy, NC
    Dealing with installation issues at work. And quotes. Then wife calls with a flat on her way to work. Went and resolved that. Back to work by 9:30. Then, as I'm talking to boss on phone about 12:15, the accountant comes by and says "WE GOT A FIRE". Huh? "We got a fire out back" We were only ones here, so went out back and sure enough, a fire in the lot where a guy was cutting a pole with a torch. He had left for the day. SO grabbed two fire extinguishers. It was plastic sign faces and wood crates with cardboard. About 10' from back corner of warehouse. Tried to put out fire or at least hold it back. CAlled 9-1-1 while trying to spray fire. Accountant was watching me do all this. Went through one bottle, then the second. Accountant still watching. Not helping. Fire dept showed up and put it out pretty quick. It was too dang hot to stay close to for me to do any good. And fire extinguishers were useless against polycarbonate burning.

The boss did thank me for trying. LOL. He's a pretty good dude.

Went to lunch. Back. Now all I need is a kitten rescure right?

Enough for one day. Years of NO big excitement. And now all at once. I'm ready for a nap.

Taurus, Ace38, Viking and 15 others like this.
  2. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-holic

Jun 16, 2016
    NY - EC
    There are days like that where everything seems to happen to us all at once. Best to take a step back, breathe and handle things one at a time, in order - most important first (fire). Good thing you're not like the accountant!

Make some time for relax and guitars when you can!

3. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
  4. SoCalJim

SoCalJim Squier-Meister

Nov 12, 2020
    SoCal
    Sounds like you’re having a typical super hero day. Way to go, 66musicmaster!

5. Hu War Yu

Hu War Yu Squier Talker

Jan 22, 2021
    Queens, NY
    Don't get me started...my wifi was a little slow today!

6. Geode

Geode Squier-holic

Nov 30, 2020
    MB, SC
    When it rains....

7. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychotic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    Good job. Things are gonna get easier..

Geode, Kenneth Mountain and mb doug like this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Squirt Startocaster Infinity Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I love people who watch. They do such a good job of it.

9. Geode

Geode Squier-holic

Nov 30, 2020
    MB, SC
    He wasn't just watching...
    He was keeping track of your time, while you were goofing off for half the day.

10. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychotic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    Lmao

Kenneth Mountain and mb doug like this.
  11. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Hey, the guy's a bleepin' accountant, what did you expect? Things can only get better today...........or you could call in sick from smoke inhalation. "yeah, I'm feeling a little woosie this morning"

Geode, Kenneth Mountain and mb doug like this.
  12. 66musicmaster

Dec 14, 2009
    Mount Airy, NC
    LOL. You guys are great! Weather forecast was iffy for last night into this morning. Snow or ice. Boss man told everyone to get in when it was safe and that I would be here. Dangit! I'm not sure I like how much faith he has in me. Last time it snowed, I got up at 6:30, went to pee (can I say that on here?), saw snow on the yard, went back to bed. My phone was blowing up at like 9:30. Everyone texting. Boss was saying I should be at office - check with me about roads. I texted back I was still in bed. My wife & I were discussing if we were going to work as we hadn't looked out since 6:30. turns out the snow had all melted. But I'm here today. Weather was a non event. Boss has told me in the past he really kinda expects me here everyday from now on til one of us dies. And he said that in a good way - no Covid layoffs, etc. I have to be here if no one else is to run the office. That's a good thing? Of course in reality it is. Just need a break now and then.

Today is going to be different. IN a better, less worrisome way. I won't say stress because I really didn't stress so much yesterday, just a lot of unusual activity for an old fat guy. I taught motorocycle safety for 17 years; I saw a lot of motorcycle crashes and tipovers. My mentor said never run or give up control of emotions or range when someone crashes. And I was fortunate to never have much of anything really bad - only needed an ambulance a couple times in 17 years. Some of my co instructors had way better stories. I never got run over.

Accountant dude was at the Capitol thing in January 2021. He stood on steps and watched. I can believe that now. LOL

I'm still ready for a nap. My mind won't allow it though. Rarely ever does. Once I'm up, I'm up. Do we really need sleep?

13. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
    Bro ...you're my hero

Kenneth Mountain, mb doug and Eddie like this.
  14. 66musicmaster

Dec 14, 2009
    Mount Airy, NC
    I don't want to be anyone's hero, except maybe my kids & wife. Too much pressure. I will disappoint before the day is out, I'm sure.

15. Eddie

Eddie Squirt Startocaster Infinity Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    He meant you were his Subways hero .... :)

16. 66musicmaster

Dec 14, 2009
    Mount Airy, NC
    Oh now I might manage that! If I were a sub or hero it would probably be a double meatball with extra cheese.

17. Geode

Geode Squier-holic

Nov 30, 2020
    MB, SC
    Only needed an Ambulance,
    a couple of times....

In a safety class..??

I like it..!!

No wonder the accountant
    hung back....

18. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-holic

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    sound like my work. Nothing ever happens around her till 3:00 in the afternoon , then all hell breaks loose! 2 hours before I go home.

Geode likes this.
  19. 66musicmaster

Dec 14, 2009
    Mount Airy, NC
    People learning to ride a motorcycle can do some unplanned things. One ambulance trip was a broken arm. We did first aid but they needed to go to Er for arm and no one there with them to take them. Little stuff like that. Like I said, I know guys with way better stories. One of my buddies got hit right between the legs and fell over hte riders handlebars with his face coming to rest in a lady's cleavage.

Geode likes this.
  20. 66musicmaster

Dec 14, 2009
    Mount Airy, NC
    I have a salesperson I support that likes to drink coffee all day working from home and cranks up about 4 pm. GRRRRR>.....