Duo Sonic wiring

Discussion in 'Squier Duo-Sonic & Jagmaster' started by Sjtanona, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Sjtanona

Sjtanona Squier-Meister

Mar 29, 2018
    Michigan USA
    Does anyone have a diagram or a solid pic of the HS wiring? Want to redo my Bullet with that setup, with push pull for the humbucker. Or, if you have mods you've done, lets see! I like the tone of it now, but looking for a little more versatility in it. Thanks!!

2. jvin248

jvin248 Squier-Meister

Jan 10, 2014
    Michigan

If you consider your HS as three separate coils you can wire it like an SSS Strat 5-way. And if you do that you can put an Armstrong Blender on it (stacked dual concentric tone knob) so you can blend between SSS and HSH. This is what I put on my player Strats.

Or do the push/pull coil split and a 4-way Tele blade switch for an extra series option that with HS you'd have three coils in series if you wanted, a parallel option, and single neck or bridge.

A 3-way blade for n, n+b, b selection and then have a small 3-way on/on/on toggle you can wire the humbucker to output parallel/single/series.

Or you could even do like I did with my Tele and install a 4-way to handle both bobbins of the bridge pickup and have no neck pickup. I lowered the pickup and raised the screw poles for more tonal separation. The switch gives n, parallel, b, series. I can fake a real neck pickup by using the n position and turning the tone knob down. Has there been an Esquire Duo-Sonic? That might be kind of cool even if done for a short term experiment.

3. Sjtanona

Sjtanona Squier-Meister

Mar 29, 2018
    Michigan USA
    I sorry want to stick with how the Duo Sonic is setup, so that'd be my preference. Just need to apply it to the Mustang. I don't know how to wire a push pull pot. Thanks a bunch though!