Double neck

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Eddie, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Jmv668

Jmv668 Squier-Nut

Feb 21, 2017
    Chile
    A waste of money if you re not Jimmy Page or Dave Mustaine, and uncomfortable.
    Buy a good vintage amp with that money better.

Eddd and Eddie like this.
  2. LAPlayer

LAPlayer Squier-Meister

Jul 9, 2020
    LA / Denver
    They are a heavy pain in the neck/shoulder.... Pointless to me.

3. jamesgpobog

jamesgpobog Squier-Nut

Feb 18, 2020
    SoCal
    Fixed it for ya...

Jmv668 and Eddie like this.
  4. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    Eddie likes this.
  5. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    @Eddie
    Sorry... I just saw that someone mentioned this. :)

Eddie likes this.
  6. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    You did read, that is only a case, no guitar didn't you?

Jay Turser made an SG double neck. They're often floating around. I think you can still get them new.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr..._nkw=Jay+Turser+Double+Neck+Guitar&_sacat=619

The Turser they are showing is in Japan and I would say overpriced by quite a bit. The rest of the page is other doublenecks, including some kits.

Eddie likes this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

Yikes, I caught it late. $369 for a case? Smokes.

It's just a fancy thought. I have no need for a double neck. I always wanted one though, but it has no practical use for me. Heck, I have no place to put one.

8. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
    I own one and it's REALLY uncomfy but looks SUPER GREAT, mine is scalloped on both necks.
    Fender Malmsteen.jpg

-r3-, Eddie and squierTony like this.
  9. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-Nut

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    I guess back in the 70s and 80s, having a bigger instrument than your peers could definitely score some extra points among the ladies, but nowadays a double neck seems to be a magnet that only attracts other guitar nut dudes... ahah

10. jamesgpobog

jamesgpobog Squier-Nut

Feb 18, 2020
    SoCal
    I found this today. Too bad it's mono. If it were stereo, I might be interested...

[​IMG]

Eddd, Eddie and daan like this.
  11. jamesgpobog

jamesgpobog Squier-Nut

Feb 18, 2020
    SoCal
    Well that bombed. See, it's mono 'cause it only has one sound hole, if it had 2, it would be stereo...

Eddd likes this.
  12. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    So I’m a huge Matsumoku nerd, and one Saturday I happened to have a GIANT check in hand (we had refinanced our house and I had to take this $ to our bank on Monday) Well I ran across this thing online, and I thought, “Hey, nobody would miss a few thousand, right?” :0 AA1C19F5-B5E3-424E-9ABB-AA6E69B4C73F.jpeg I’m entirely certain The Mrs would have fit the entire thing up my backside had that actually occurred... :)

13. oldfartatplay1320

oldfartatplay1320 Squier Talker

Oct 25, 2016
    Gatineau, Quebec
    I've a 1973 or 4 Mann bass/6 string I paid $400 for in 1975. Came with a spiffy hardshell case, but as others have pointed out, these things are heavy. But on this one, so is this sound. It sounds like a bass on the 6 string, and a dinosaur stampede on the bass.
    101.JPG

Attached Files:

• 098.JPG
      098.JPG
      File size:
      184.3 KB
      Views:
    -r3- and daan like this.
  14. Shaman

Shaman Squier Talker

May 18, 2020
    Middle Island, New York
    Page used the EDS-1275 for Stairway, the Rain Song and The Song Remains the Same... I do as well... I use my Dragoncaster on the early Zep stuff we play, sometimes I use one of my Strats on "For Your Life" off the Presence album, sometimes I use the Black Beauty, for the dives... And I ALWAYS Use my Danelectro DC-59 (not pictured) for his DADGAD stuff. The Les Pauls I own
    are used for the rest of their stuff we play. The EDS-1275 is magic... No matter what you do, it always sounds like Zep live. It's an unbelievable experience to play with my band and hear the doubleneck coming out of the amp.
    collection.jpg

-r3-, daan, Robb and 1 other person like this.
  15. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    That was really cool!

fattboyzz likes this.
  16. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    You have a sickness Eddie.

17. TheQuietOne

TheQuietOne Squier Talker

Aug 11, 2019
    oshkosh, wi
    Mike Rutherford's Shergold custom double is the best double neck idea. The two halves separate into single neck guitars.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last Genesis tour he used a frankenguitar. Yamaha bass and Gibson 12 string. Pretty cool and pretty weird.

[​IMG]

Best1989 and daan like this.
  18. G-man54

G-man54 Squier Talker

Mar 2, 2010
    Michigan
    About 14 years ago, during the peak of my GAS madness days, I acquired a Gibson EDS-1275 (aka SG double-neck, aka Jimmy Page Stairway Live double-neck).
    It was great fun opening the case, pulling back the satiny drape-cloth and watching my friends astonished looks as we did our best Wayne’s World “We’re Not Worthy!”
    I should mention that I was, and still am a living room/bedroom guitarist with no practical reason for owning such a guitar. Anyway, it was a beautiful instrument, I’m happy I owned it, but the day I was playing it and turned too fast - and swept everything off of the top of my dresser onto the floor (without damaging the guitar, miraculously) - was the day I accepted that I had no business owning such an instrument. YMMV.

Shaman and TheQuietOne like this.