Deal alerts

Talking-Squier

Squier Talker
Sep 19, 2022
Hawaii
Just be careful with Pro Audio Star. They are two (2) star on Yelp and an "F" with The Better Business Bureau. Once in a while they do seem to get it right though. A broken clock is right twice a day. YMMV

-james

Last edited:

Talking-Squier

Squier Talker
Sep 19, 2022
Hawaii
BBB ratings don't mean much anymore, neither does yelp. I'm happy with multiple experiences buying from Pro Audio Star. And not all went perfectly.
That's great to hear after reading so many horrible reviews and enduring such a horrible experience with them myself. Glad you made it out alive! Thanks for providing some balance. I still will never deal with them again. Ever.

Rollmeaway

Squier-Nut
Feb 7, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Re: warped pick guards.

Find a nice flat surface like a kitchen counter or table. Place a piece of aluminum foil down. Then the pick guard on top. Wet an old tee shirt, rag or towel. Squeeze it out so its just wet but not dripping.

Get your wife's iron on medium heat and apply it for a few seconds over the wet towel. This softens up the pick guard. If you have anything heavy to place on top of it like a bunch of books or whatever you can find, place it on top until it cools off . I did it like this and it worked well for me.

radiotech

Squier-Axpert
Apr 23, 2014
Freedonia
Just be careful with Pro Audio Star. They are two (2) star on Yelp and an "F" with The Better Business Bureau. Once in a while they do seem to get it right though. A broken clock is right twice a day. YMMV

-james
I’ve bought from them three times, no issues whatsoever. One was listed as used (Gretsch Gin Rickey), and had only a small rub on the upper bout side.

oldman

Squier Talker
Jan 10, 2021
Georgia
They have a bunch of different "Used" Classic Vibes still listed for $249. Some are saying they may be returns from the Labor Day sale... We will find out soon. Yesterday I ordered a 50s Tele Butterscotch for $249. I already have Fedex tracking showing I will receive on Wed. I will update. Hopefully box will be unopened and new, but quite honestly, if it is a return and it's only a warped pickguard or something else minor, I don't care. I never see these used for $249 around here. They are usually in the $350 range. So... Will let you know when it arrives.

Talking-Squier

Squier Talker
Sep 19, 2022
Hawaii
My horrible Pro Audio Star experience is ongoing. As soon as it reaches some conclusion, I will report back here. Again, I'm glad that folks are having good experiences with them. I'm sure it's not all bad. If I had checked Yelp and BBB, which still mean something to me, I would not have bothered with Pro Audio Star, and after their handling of my order, and the following customer service fiasco, I will never do any business with them again, regardless of how good the deal sounds. YMMV

oldman

Squier Talker
Jan 10, 2021
Georgia
My horrible Pro Audio Star experience is ongoing. As soon as it reaches some conclusion, I will report back here. Again, I'm glad that folks are having good experiences with them. I'm sure it's not all bad. If I had checked Yelp and BBB, which still mean something to me, I would not have bothered with Pro Audio Star, and after their handling of my order, and the following customer service fiasco, I will never do any business with them again, regardless of how good the deal sounds. YMMV
Curious what happened and how long has it been going on?

LightsOn45

Squier Talker
Aug 8, 2022
USA
They have a bunch of different "Used" Classic Vibes still listed for $249. Some are saying they may be returns from the Labor Day sale... We will find out soon.
I'd wager most, if not all, are brand new overstocks (not returns).

I bought 4 of them last week, all listed as "used":
* 60s Classic Vibe Tele
* 60s Classic Vibe Strat
* (2) Affinity Teles

All arrived brand new in factory sealed Fender/Squier boxes with hang tags. All were perfect. The 60s CV Tele is absolutely to die for. Just a beautiful guitar.

I wonder if ProAudioStar is some sort of clearing house for overstocked Fenders. I keep telling myself I don't need another 50s CV Tele, but $249 is hard to pass up. You'd almost have to be crazy to take a pass at that price.

Last edited:

RXMoore

Squier Talker
Apr 24, 2021
Central Michigan
I just ordered a CV 50s Telecaster at $249. They're still listed after my purchase, so I assume that they still have them and a couple other CV Telecaster models.

I figure I could part it out and make more than that back, but I intend change a few things here and there and add it to my wall. I've been wanting to build a BSB Telecaster for a while now, and this will give me a pretty good head start.

johnnywizzo

Squier-holic
Feb 4, 2016
I just ordered a CV 50s Telecaster at $249. They're still listed after my purchase, so I assume that they still have them and a couple other CV Telecaster models.

I figure I could part it out and make more than that back, but I intend change a few things here and there and add it to my wall. I've been wanting to build a BSB Telecaster for a while now, and this will give me a pretty good head start.
They had at least one, because I just ordered it!

blackspider57

Squier-holic
Mar 11, 2017
Somewhere east of the rockies
They have a bunch of different "Used" Classic Vibes still listed for $249. Some are saying they may be returns from the Labor Day sale... We will find out soon. Yesterday I ordered a 50s Tele Butterscotch for $249. I already have Fedex tracking showing I will receive on Wed. I will update. Hopefully box will be unopened and new, but quite honestly, if it is a return and it's only a warped pickguard or something else minor, I don't care. I never see these used for $249 around here. They are usually in the $350 range. So... Will let you know when it arrives.
??? It's Wednesday! :)

oldman

Squier Talker
Jan 10, 2021
Georgia
Yes, it is!!! and a GREAT Wednesday it is! Arrived in a factory sealed box. I've gone over and over it and can't find a flaw. Its set up the way I would set it up. 2021 Indonesian. Weighs 8lbs 3oz. Nut is cut just right, action is 4/64 at 12th, intonation is right on, finish is very nice. Plays and sounds so good!! No buzzing or fretting out anywhere, fret ends dressed nicely. All controls work as they should, and its beautiful. I'm actually shocked. Old man is happy and getting ready to jam.

BTW, I had an early CV60 TELE from China and the neck was really thin. I was worried this would be the same. It's not, to me it's really nice, not too thin or thick, pretty similar to my Fender player series Strat. I don't notice any difference in quality or workmanship from the early China model and this one. They are both top shelf.

Attachments

• 20220928_141444.jpg
    20220928_141444.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220928_142145.jpg
    20220928_142145.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220928_144448.jpg
    20220928_144448.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220928_144546.jpg
    20220928_144546.jpg