Deal alerts

FloydTheBarber

Squier Talker
Sep 26, 2022
Missouri
Fender has put a bunch of Squiers on sale.

The sale isn't as good as PAS, but they have some really cool 40th Anniversary models and colors PAS doesn't carry at very good prices.

AND they still have their accessories like necks, cases, pick-ups, pedals, etc at 30% off.

Oldguitarguy

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Nj
What are the material differences between a Squier CV 50’s, 60’s, or 70’s? You all are giving me GAS.

FloydTheBarber

Squier Talker
Sep 26, 2022
Missouri
What are the material differences between a Squier CV 50’s, 60’s, or 70’s? You all are giving me GAS.

As close as I can tell it's mainly neck thickness, some colors differences, and pickguards. Not sure if the pickups are any different.

I bought the 60's Classic Vibe strat in Candy Apple Red and am going to put a Fender 60's strat neck and 57-62 Fender pick-ups in it.

Everything is sitting in the bedroom until tommorow when my luthier buddy will do his magic before we start jamming. :p

blackspider57

Squier-holic
Mar 11, 2017
Somewhere east of the rockies
Can anyone comment on a ProAudioStar "Open Box" purchase? Anyone get a lemon or regret their purchase from PAS?

4406Pack

Squier-holic
Silver Supporting Member
Jan 12, 2021
Fender 20%off infinity line

baddmann28

Squier Talker
Nov 20, 2022
USA
Can anyone comment on a ProAudioStar "Open Box" purchase? Anyone get a lemon or regret their purchase from PAS?
I ordered a CV 50's, came with some serious fret sprout and some weird dark grain. They made it right and discounted it enough that I decided to order a 60's too. It'll be here Saturday.

FWIW I fixed the fret sprout with a file and a nail file/buffer. Here's the color. It's grown on me, has a little character. The thing plays great now. I've got some mods for both... I'll update when I do them.

Attachments

• PASCV TELE 2 (1).jpg
    PASCV TELE 2 (1).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 13
  • PASCV TELE 2 (2).jpg
    PASCV TELE 2 (2).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1231.jpg
    IMG_1231.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 13

JW Adams

Squier Talker
Oct 2, 2022
Marshall Oklahoma USA
They have a bunch of different "Used" Classic Vibes still listed for $249. Some are saying they may be returns from the Labor Day sale... We will find out soon. Yesterday I ordered a 50s Tele Butterscotch for $249. I already have Fedex tracking showing I will receive on Wed. I will update. Hopefully box will be unopened and new, but quite honestly, if it is a return and it's only a warped pickguard or something else minor, I don't care. I never see these used for $249 around here. They are usually in the $350 range. So... Will let you know when it arrives.
They are not returns, they would have things missing, plastic and tag so on, they sell these open box so they can get around Fender pricing requirements, and at $249 they are still making money, sweetwater and thr other online sellers $419 cleaning up

JW Adams

Squier Talker
Oct 2, 2022
Marshall Oklahoma USA
I'd wager most, if not all, are brand new overstocks (not returns).

I bought 4 of them last week, all listed as "used":
* 60s Classic Vibe Tele
* 60s Classic Vibe Strat
* (2) Affinity Teles

All arrived brand new in factory sealed Fender/Squier boxes with hang tags. All were perfect. The 60s CV Tele is absolutely to die for. Just a beautiful guitar.

I wonder if ProAudioStar is some sort of clearing house for overstocked Fenders. I keep telling myself I don't need another 50s CV Tele, but $249 is hard to pass up. You'd almost have to be crazy to take a pass at that price.
And they are still making money at $249 wonder what their cost is, they sell these as used open box they don't have to meet fenders pricing requirements by doing that

JW Adams

Squier Talker
Oct 2, 2022
Marshall Oklahoma USA
Buy it now, or never complain that you didn’t again!!!
They say they have sold 16 and have 10 more available, 26 open box guitars, doesn't sound right does it, I made a deal and ordered an open box Affinity, I noticed it is a 2021 and shipped from Virginia, their place is in New York, so we will see

Last edited:

Doorstop

Squier-Axpert
Apr 23, 2014
The Windy City
They say they have sold 16 and have 10 more available, 26 open box guitars, doesn't sound right does it
We’ve already discussed this elsewhere. Fender over-built this year, and this is their way to purge their excess stock off the books before years end.
I heard it from a PAS manager, and from a friend that works at CME (Chicago music Exchange).

JW Adams

Squier Talker
Oct 2, 2022
Marshall Oklahoma USA
We’ve already discussed this elsewhere. Fender over-built this year, and this is their way to purge their excess stock off the books before years end.
I heard it from a PAS manager, and from a friend that works at CME (Chicago music Exchange).
Why would all the other dealers not discount their guitars also, and why sell as open box used

Doorstop

Squier-Axpert
Apr 23, 2014
The Windy City
Why would all the other dealers not discount their guitars also, and why sell as open box used
Because Fender told them in their deal they can’t advertise them as new at those prices.

CME declined the offer, as it hurts sales of higher priced guitars.

Fender themselves were selling Squier’s at Labor Day at close to these prices (new).