CV black logo vs new golden logo

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by EugenioG, Dec 20, 2019.

1. EugenioG

EugenioG Squier Talker

Aug 4, 2018
    México
    Hi, so we have the new CV's since last year I belive, which came out with a black logo, and I noticed the ones made in 2019 come with a new golden logo. I'm considering on getting a Jaguar CV. Is there any difference in quality between these two? Or is it just the logo really?

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    I don't understand your post....what 2 models are you trying to compare?

'new cvs since last year with black logo' ? the new CVs only came out this past fall and still coming out now.....there is no new Classic Vibe Jaguar with gold logo....

Do you by chance mean the old Vintage Modified Jaguar vs the new Classic Vibe 70s Jaguar?

3. EugenioG

EugenioG Squier Talker

Aug 4, 2018
    México
    Hi. After reading your post and doing some research I think I know what's happening.
    I'm aware that the new classic vibe Jaguar comes with a black logo, but I believed all of the new CV's had a black logo (tele, strat, jaguar, jazzmaster, mustang). Yesterday I saw the MUSTANG CV with the golden logo. My logic was that they started doing all of the new CV's with the same golden logo, but I see now that all of em have golden logo except for the jaguar. am I correct. If so, why would they do that? Looks a cheaper to me.

4. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    No they didn't all have a black logo then changed to gold....

Classic Vibe 70s stuff, Strats and Teles and Jaguar, have a black logo....the old Vintage Modified 70s Strats did too....it's a high quality black logo with a thick gold outline if you see one in person....

Because Fender was using a logo like that in the 70s.....

The 50s/60s stuff is gold because it's also vintage accurate to Fender in the 50s/60s.....the Mustang CV60s has a gold logo, and the VM model before it also had a gold logo....

It's all about looking like it came from the right time period....