Craigslist Laugh of the Day

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by surf green, May 13, 2016.

1. DougMen

DougMen Dr. Squier

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I had one, and it was the best playing CV of the many I've owned. I sold it because I prefer rosewood necks, and A5 pickups to A3, and mostly because gold hardware tarnishes and gets ugly very quickly here in Hawaii, so I figured I'd better get rid of it before that happened. I guess maybe I should have kept it, the white 50s one with the gold anodized PG, and the BM CV 60s one, since those 3 seem to be the rarest and most sought after ones, and are demanding the highest prices on the used market. I wonder if the Sherwood Green one with matching headstock is in that category too.

Viking likes this.
  2. DougMen

DougMen Dr. Squier

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Fredline likes this.
  3. Birddog144

Birddog144 Squier-holic Double Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    Look where the holes for the trap tuners were filled....... Bullet.

4. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    It's an SE. The holes on the back of the headstock are from the Squier logo Gotoh style tuners.

5. mduganjr

mduganjr Squier-Meister

Mar 21, 2017
    Covington, LA
  6. Fredline

Fredline Squier-Meister

Dec 14, 2020
    Seattle, WA
  7. fuelish

fuelish Squier-holic

My Bullet Strat truss rod hole isn't bare wood, it's black ....it's a '12, FWIW, don't know how or what changes may have occurred over the years of assembly...but, for the record, my '12 is black in the hole....and was bought new from a retail store by my son, so am assuming it's legit.....bought on close-out, the store was closing down....he walks in for Father's Day with a sunburst Bullet Strat and a black Bullet Strat and says "Happy Father's Day - which one do you want?" I like to see woodgrain, chose the sunburst, as cliched of a finish that it is. He's a good kid :cool:

8. archetype

archetype Squier-holic

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    jamesgpobog, MyToyBrain and mb doug like this.
  9. strat_strummer

strat_strummer John Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Big foot sightings ( fuzzy pics ), ghost sightings ( fuzzy pics ), UFO ( fuzzy pic ), guitar pick ( fuzzy pic ) , FAKE :p

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    mduganjr and Birddog144 like this.
  10. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Admin Post
    I saw a listing on ebay last night for a silverburst starcaster body for $399. The whole guitar sold for $79 at SAMs club lol.

11. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
  12. ToneChaser77

ToneChaser77 Squier-Nut

Sep 29, 2019
    Milledgeville, Ga
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    mb doug likes this.
  13. DougMen

DougMen Dr. Squier

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I came across this Samick Strat with a Gator hardshell case for $150, which seems like a pretty okay deal. It's a cool color with a nice transparent finish and cool grain on the body. There's a few scratches on it, but what really caught my attention was the "bite marks" on the headstock. They don't specify if the bite marks are from a human or some other mammal, lol
    00R0R_kKoRZYRBYew_0ew0jm_1200x900.jpg 00808_iJgMIKwqvO1_0ew0jm_1200x900.jpg 00303_djYbsDtY2Gx_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg

Shine, Viking and mb doug like this.
  14. fluffy391

fluffy391 Squier-Meister

Oct 16, 2020
    Sydney
    That's quite distressing.

mb doug and DougMen like this.
  15. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Guy Who Likes to Play Guitar Silver Supporting Member

Or a reptile. Maybe a big hungry Snapping Turtle bit it repeatedly. And @fluffy391, I see what you did there!

Shine, DougMen and mb doug like this.