C&G Guitars

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by techowiz, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychopathic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    The finger board says black wood. Wondering what that actually is.

20200714_091059.jpg

Eddie and mb doug like this.
  2. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    If it is African blackwood that's a good thing, a wood that is something like rosewood.

But I wonder if it is just some generic dark-appearing wood or even some kind of synthetic material. I've seen cheap guitars that list white wood, which IIRW, probably meant it was some generic kind of wood or wood material.

But it does list ash as the body and that should be a plus. I have ash on my SX Strat and it is very nice sounding and looking I think. Well, mine actually is swamp ash.

radiotech, Eddie and mb doug like this.
  3. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Strat model weighs about 7lbs. Tele weighs about 8 lbs. Both listed as having Ash bodies.

radiotech, Eddie and mb doug like this.
  4. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Jason- did you get the C&G guitar? Your thoughts?

Eddie likes this.
  5. jefffam

jefffam Dr NC Gold Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    Some Peavey Raptor I's have the adjustment wheel at the heel as well.

radiotech likes this.
  6. Jason29307

Jason29307 Squier Talker

Dec 15, 2017
    Spartanburg, Sc 29307
    Hey guys, sorry for the delay in response. I wanted to give it a good playin for a couple of days with different times and genre of music. So I can give my point of view. And this review is all from playing right out of the box, with the strings that came on it. No intinuation set up all I did was tune the strings.
    So the first thing I would want to point out is how absolutely HEAVY this guitar is.Which to me is a good thing. The fact sheet that came with it says the body is Ash. I totally agree. I have an Ibanez Blazer II that is swamp ash and the C&G and heavier..I didn't want the blue tooth or speaker thing so it is a plain strat style guitar.

The neck is pretty fast. Semi finished which it a plus.
    The neck shape is like one I haven't played. The sheet says modern U which I'm not fimilar. I like small C necks or the L.P. Thick style
    If I had to say, this neck is 73% Small C and 27% D. I like it as much as my Squire Bullet no doubt. Plays fantastic.
    The only minute things I would comp!ain about, which are more annoying things than anything else.
    The B string has some minor feet buzz when the 4th of 5th fret is played. Which can be fixed when I set it up.
    There are a couple of frets up the neck that could use a polishing to make string bending even all around.
    One fret feels like it could use a little filing. When playing up the neck, I can barely feel the difference in the filed frets all around.
    Other than that, it sounds fantastic clean, bluesy, glassey, and crunchy. I haven't taken the pickups out to look at a name, but sound great. The knobs are semi tight and solid, the toggle switch has real good snap and the input Jack is solid as a rock. The sheet states hand made and has signatures who sign off on what they did. Has a serial number as well. I like how the truss rod is adjusted. Never seen that before. Over all I give this guitar a 98.70 out of 100 And for $112.00 shopping included, come on... ;)

radiotech, Viking and techowiz like this.
  7. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Thanks for the review.

Radiotech, did you get your C&G? You should have had it nearly a week now.

radiotech likes this.
  8. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Great review Jason. Quality for the price is insane! In my opinion these are significantly better than Squier Bullets and Affinities , but not quite as good as CV's. Your thoughts?

Eddie likes this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Squirt Startocaster Infinity Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

Awesome review and thanks for the hook up Techowiz. I'm going to consider getting one now. Sounds like a great deal. :)

radiotech and techowiz like this.
  10. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia
  11. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
  12. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia
    Honestly, Instead of digging into it, I’ve been playing it. The Bridge pup is golden. Was playing Petty’s “Change of Heart”, and with my Mustang on my ‘65 reverb preset (custom), it nailed it perfectly tone-wise.

The neck pup is... OK, much bassier than the Sawtooth’s ceramic (pretty bright for a Tele neck pup).

Starting to really like the neck as is.

techowiz likes this.
  13. Jason29307

Jason29307 Squier Talker

Dec 15, 2017
    Spartanburg, Sc 29307
    I'm with Radiotech on this one. I was planning on taking one pu out, but all three sound golden so just gonna leave them for now. And you are right, they are way better than any bullet or affinity any day of the week. I don't have a cv...

radiotech and techowiz like this.
  14. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Was your offer accepted?

radiotech likes this.
  15. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier Talk Member ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

No

16. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Hmmmm. Maybe different margins on that model.

17. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier Talk Member ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

I don't remember the exact text, but he said as much when he declined the offer.

techowiz likes this.