C&G Guitars

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by techowiz, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Jason29307

Jason29307 Squier Talker

Dec 15, 2017
    Spartanburg, Sc 29307
    I sent an offer for $112.00 and free shipping just testing the waters..An hour later I got an email saying my offer was accepted. It looks like it has good bones. Solid wood, nice finish, might have to change tuners but I am gonna play it stock for at least a month before making any changes. I will keep you guys updated...

2. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Great deal! I'm keeping tuners on mine for a bit. So far they are holding tune.

mb doug and Taurus like this.
  3. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    This is interesting. Listed price is $151 but the seller has accepted an offer for $130 and now $112. I wonder why so low. And I wonder how low the seller will go now. Is there any "rule" on how much of an offer a buyer should make on these "make an offer" deals? I ask because I've made an offers on some pedals before and they were very modest, maybe 5 percent or so, and I have been turned down. That $112 price is nearly 26 percent off the starting price. I thought maybe 15 percent, or even 20 percent, was a great deal.

Just wondering ...

mb doug and radiotech like this.
  4. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier-holic

I just submitted a $190 offer for one of the LP style with built in effects and speaker. It was listed at $279. We'll see.

5. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Huh? I never heard of that feature. Could you send a pic, please?

Also how is the 3-barrel bridge for intonation on the Tele? Do the saddles have the compensation ridges or are they just plain, like on the Firefly FFTHs and others?

mb doug likes this.
  6. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Truss rod wheels at the base of the neck have been around since the 60s, a number of Teisco models had it... it was considered a cheap feature until about 20 years ago when it started showing up on high-end guitars.
    upload_2020-7-11_11-25-36.jpeg
    it allows a neck to be made without a skunk stripe, or a hole in the headstock. EVH guitars have them.

I can’t imagine the bridge is anything but a standard three barrel with just channels, not ridges. Brass compensated barrels are cheap nowadays, easy conversion... though I think I’m going to use a six saddle Squier standard TeleBridge if the string spacing is the same, i’ve also got a Wilkinson compenhsated ashtray as well.

@Jason29307... wishing I would’ve lowballed it to 110 now...

I was going to say there’s only one left now, because before I ordered it said there were three... it still says there are three.

UPS picked mine up last night, says it’ll be here Thursday.

mb doug, Stratlover84 and techowiz like this.
  7. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    A close up of the bridge shows that it’s just a regular three barrel with slots.

upload_2020-7-11_11-37-43.jpeg

mb doug likes this.
  8. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Radiotech, thanks and thanks. I should have tried to blow up the pic myself to save you the time and trouble. But as for the adjusting wheel I never knew guitars had such a feature.

9. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    You’re welcome.
    A buddy of mine had a Teisco, they have these necks that look like a miniature hardwood floor there are so many layers to the neck.
    upload_2020-7-11_11-51-53.jpeg
    they can be very good, and sturdy, never requiring adjustment... but when they went bad, they went real bad. His neck started to bow, it was my first experience adjusting a truss rod, we found a little screwdriver that fit in the hole, of which the handle snapped off after 1/4 turn trying to adjust it.... so then we took the largest Allen wrench we could find that would fit in the hole to turn it... The dang wheel broke off (and in half).
    I didn’t adjust another trust trade for sometime after that (decades).

mb doug likes this.
  10. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Good to know. I wonder why these have that feature then.

mb doug likes this.
  11. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Much easier access point.

12. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    The problem with the Teisco’s were the construction of the neck, and the quality of the steel in the wheel... something with that many layers of lamination doesn’t really want to move Once it warps.
    Modern necks are almost all one or two pieces at most (Three if it has a separate fretboard), so adjusting them isn’t as hard, and quality of steel components from overseas is much better.
    Logically, it’s the easiest way to make an easy access truss adjust, requiring the least amount of finishing and adjustment on the neck

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    mb doug and techowiz like this.
  13. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    C&G will be coming out with more models. Hopefully some mustang, jags etc....

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  14. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Nice Job!

Those same trems were on the first Korean Peavey Raptors

15. Jason29307

Jason29307 Squier Talker

Dec 15, 2017
    Spartanburg, Sc 29307
    I got an email stating UPS picked it up the day I paid, (3 or 4 days ago) and it will be here on Friday, July 17th. From what I have read about these and the YouTube reviews I have seen on the solid style type, seems like a pretty good deal. I will chime in on Friday to give a report..

mb doug, radiotech and techowiz like this.
  16. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Mine is scheduled for Thursday, it’s already at the main distribution depot near me, it could feasibly be here tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

17. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I'm certain we will be looking forward to your review and hopefully pics.
    I'd be interested in any offsets that may develop. About two years ago Firefly (who?) showed a prototype of a planned Jazzmaster type but that has not developed.

mb doug and Eddie like this.
  18. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I'm certain we will be looking forward to your review and hopefully pics. Also.

mb doug, Eddie and radiotech like this.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

Yes, I can't wait to read your reviews. I'm interested as well ... especially if they'll take a significant offer. :)

mb doug likes this.
  20. Angry Possum

Angry Possum Squier-holic

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    Are these guitars light?