Butchered my telecaster

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by Powerstroke, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Powerstroke

Powerstroke Squier-Nut

Feb 18, 2021
    Usa
    I just upgraded the tele some more.
    Table status 20210723_162216.jpg

Viking, miket1117 and grizzlewulf like this.
  2. DougMen

DougMen Dr. Squier

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I've told this story before, but I'll tell it again. They will never get any of my money, because I tried to buy one of those and they sent me an email after I placed the order telling me that I had to buy a hardshell case too, because they won't ship anything off the mainland without a hard case, but that guitar included a gig bag with it. I tried to explain that to them and told them I've bought many guitars from MF and SW and they arrived here just fine without a gig bag or case, but they didn't care. The total price, including the case and shipping would have been over $300, on a $140 guitar. So, I told them to kiss my a** and cancelled the order.

miket1117 and Guitarmageddon like this.
  3. Powerstroke

Powerstroke Squier-Nut

Feb 18, 2021
    Usa
    I would have to! That's silly.

miket1117 likes this.
  4. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-Axpert

Sep 27, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    That's an awesome Tele build, man! How was the pizza? Looks yummy!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  5. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Basement boy here, you were 100% right. I have a habit of posting on here acting like a totally arrogant knowitall jerkoff who comes off aggressive as can be, acting like I'm better than everyone else, being condescending, trying to always be right, correcting everyone, and whining like a little b^tch when I don't get my way. Time to man up. Thank you for helping me realize I was out of line!! You've got an awesome build here! How do you like the Ibanez pickup in the bridge? What kind of music do you like to play?

eidling likes this.
  6. DougMen

DougMen Dr. Squier

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Are you my twin? I thought that I was the one here that always acted like that

miket1117 and Powerstroke like this.
  7. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    No, that was just a sarcastic reply to a real mean person who likes to try to passive aggressively bully me here, but I am STRONGER than that. I am a cancer survivor.

8. DJ_Dru

DJ_Dru Squier Talker

Dec 30, 2018
    California, USA
  9. miket1117

miket1117 Squier-Nut Gold Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Kansas City
    this is why i dont try to mod... lack of tools, lack of skill with tools if i had them! ida gotten not even a third of the way through a project like that before either cutting several fingers, or otherwise botching it so badly id just give up in a fit of rage and throw the mess in a box. :eek:

but, that looks like fine job! congrats!

so how do you guys deal with the p-g screw holes? fill them in? leave'em as is?