Bullet Telecaster $129.99 at MF

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by strummer101, Jul 12, 2020.

1. strummer101

strummer101 Squier-Meister

Jun 13, 2019
    ohio
  2. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    If I sell any of the 5 guitars I have for sale right now, I might snag one.

3. LAPlayer

LAPlayer Squier-Meister

Jul 9, 2020
    LA / Denver
    Pretty sweet deal. Earlier the STOD was the G&L Tribute Legacy for $299. I'll have to pick up one of these Surf Green models and relic the heck out of it. I would get the Butterscotch but I don't like the white finger-boards. Thanks for posting.

JurnyWannaBe and Wizzer like this.
  4. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I still haven't gotten an answer from them if they're gonna refund me $50, since they put it on sale one day after I bought it for $179. And now, after having to buy a new switch because the bridge pickup doesn't work in the middle position, I now find that some of the bridge saddle screws are stripped and the allen wrench just spins around in them and won't raise or lower that side of the saddle. So, I'm thinking of getting the GFS bridge with the bent steel Strat type saddles, instead of the block style ones, 'cause I like those better. It's only $23, and after putting the new switch, Yosemite pickups, and new bridge in it, I will have spent about $105 on upgrades to bring it up to snuff. If they don't refund me the difference, I'm gonna wish I'd gotten the LPB one instead, and maybe it would have had a good switch and bridge saddles. At least the fret work is some of the best on any Squier I've had recently, with no high frets or sharp fret ends.
    thumbnail.jpg

JurnyWannaBe and BlueTele like this.
  5. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    Here's another bridge option for $15, including shipping. It's the bridge they used to put on the Squier Standards.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005SGBHU8/?tag=squiertalk-20

BlueTele, surf green and radiotech like this.
  6. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
  7. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks. I have that one, and all the other Squier/Fender ones that have the same 5 hole mounting, for direct replacement, saved on my watch list on Ebay.

LutherBurger likes this.
  8. BBQedIguana

BBQedIguana Squier Talker

May 8, 2020
    Canada
    Wow! I am so jealous of the awesome deals my lovely American friends have access to! :)

I see they also have an Affinity HH for just $250... this is going to cause some civil unrest in my house...

[​IMG]

9. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Montana
    I am confident you will receive a refund for the price difference. :)

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  10. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    The Metallic Orange version is particularly appealing to me. I've been tempted to get it and put some HB size Filtertrons in it and then I'd have a Gretsch-e-caster, and it would even be the right color for a Gretsch. preview.jpg

11. LAPlayer

LAPlayer Squier-Meister

Jul 9, 2020
    LA / Denver
    That would be two different transactions for me. I would have returned the guitar with the bad switch and screw holes under warranty as a defective guitar. Then, I would have purchased a new one at the lower price. Unless, of course, you were going to change out the electronics anyway.

I purchased mine to practice relic'ing on. I may change out some of the electronics as well to practice soldering on as well. I'm not a very clean solderer. I have a dude for that.

12. LAPlayer

LAPlayer Squier-Meister

Jul 9, 2020
    LA / Denver
    If you're close to the border, I'm sure there's someone here who could take delivery of it for you to pick up. I would be happy to but I'm nowhere close to a northern border.

JurnyWannaBe and BBQedIguana like this.
  13. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Why don't you just return the one you have if the switch is defective and buy the one on sale? MF is great with returns.

JurnyWannaBe and LAPlayer like this.
  14. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    I'm looking for a budget Tele, thanks for the PSA. I do not find any in the used market other than MIM at $450+. No thanks.

Does anyone have this in BSB? Seems like there was a thread where folks were getting colors all over the place with these. Pic if you do please. Thanks.

The pics on the MF site show an Indo made 2016 model. Just an old picture of the same 2020 guit OR leftover / new old stock?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  15. BBQedIguana

BBQedIguana Squier Talker

May 8, 2020
    Canada
    I appreciate the offer! I do have relatives in the US, so I could probably work something out once the border reopens.

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  16. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-holic

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    I would consider the BSB, but that fb seems to be extremely pale. I'm looking for a tele with a more yellowish maple color.

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  17. blackspider57

Mar 11, 2017
    Montana
    I do. Fantastic guitar for me. "Pumpkin Spice color". It May not be to everyone's taste, but work fine for me.

Attached Files:

18. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Thanks for showing yours! I realize the price point on these, but gotta ask for a mini review. Especially how is the neck and frets? Thanks again.

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  19. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I am not, although I did say he could ask for one. I wouldn't. It would be just like going to any store, online or brick and mortar, and saying, "Hey, this air conditioner (drill press, typewriter) I bought yesterday is now on sale at $50 off and so I want that $50 back." Companies are under no obligation to match their sale prices on items.

It still doesn't hurt to try, I guess, but I'm not confident it will happen. But it might.

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  20. blackspider57

Mar 11, 2017
    Montana
    78 reviews pretty much cover the good the bad and the ugly? I can only add that for me, it is a guitar I play often, and enjoy it very much. I've had it for two years, and it played fine right out of the box. But with all budget guitars, YMMV.
    https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-fsr-bullet-telecaster-maple-fingerboard